PDA

View Full Version : Any ideas

jatinder
16-07-02, 01:22 PM
My nova got crashed into a couple of months ago the other parties insurance have admited liability as they were the one responcible they are going to give me ?1200 for my car minus salvage costs do you think that is ok as my car is mint should I for ask more, and i think i should get more and the fact it took them well over two month to sort out
heres some pics http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/jatinderseehra/lst?&.dir=/My+Documents&.src=bc&.view=t any suggestions?

thanks jatinder

ade
16-07-02, 03:03 PM
is that it! that's nothing damage wise - u could fix that easy!

My car had the exact same side swipe as yours and got it sorted for ?300 inc respray on one side!

You could pull the door out easy (or get a salvage part), and a body shop can repair the impact behind the door. You may need to get the door jamb realighed slightly (if it wont close properly)
I'd take the ?1,200 and then buy your car back from the insurers (about ?100 tops), then specd ?500 fixing thr damage and bank the rest!

:D

Freak
16-07-02, 03:06 PM
wtf?

Thats being written off?
Tell them to get stuffed and fix it yourself.

New door plus paint

dentmaster/ mallet on the rear panel and bit of fillage and sprayage will b fine.

Dont write it off!

My doors were dented worse than that!

http://groups.msn.com/FreaksCarPics/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=39

Or take the offer- it will b classed as a write off -then buy the car back and fix it. will have some ? left over for some nice stuff.

Ste will know more about this stuff.

Ste_Nova
16-07-02, 03:25 PM
yup fit 2nd hand door, fix 1/4 damage

ade
16-07-02, 04:50 PM
forgot to say that if u give the body shop your own parts it will work out cheaper too!

2nd hand door ?20
trim - vauxhall ?30 (?) - maybe able to reuse
vynal - vauxhall ?25 (?) - will need new one
door hinge pins (reuse old ones)
fix and respray 1/4 panel inc prep work on door and 1/4 panel - about ?200-300

nice car (from pics) - shame to scrap over a "ding"

:D

jatinder
16-07-02, 06:46 PM
well its not getting scraped i get to keep the car but the panel damage is quit bad the door is quite twisted as well as the bit bheind it I was told by one garage that the quater panel can be repaired and the other said that he can take it out and repair it. But one of the bills came too over ?1200 and the other 770 and the cheaper quote came from the garage who repair aston martins and bentlys as well as rally cars! so i guess il go to them but there are seriuos lack good garages which look like they will do a propper job but should i ask for more money for the car as it is mint and only got a mongoose exhaust and k&n filter and some sounds I WANT MORE MONEY

Doc
17-07-02, 09:53 AM
Yeah ask for more money. I was offered ?1305 for my 1992 J 1.2i, mint, with 46000 miles. It was their 1st offer and i nearly bit their hand off. I only paid ?1475 2.5 years earlier! It was the other guys fault and his insurance co' was called Town and Country.
Just search autotrader.co.uk for nova sri's print out the most expensive ones and send them to your insurance company as evidence that your nova is worth more. If its got below average milage that will also increase the value of your car. Parkers used car price guide has a milage adjustment chart in the front which tells you how much more your car is worth per 1000 miles under average. :wink:

Ste_Nova
17-07-02, 10:17 AM
that is not bad panel damage!!!!

have a look at

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/lst?.dir=/My+cars/1.2i+1995-1998/Crash+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t

crash 6 pic

now thats damage

and repair pics here

http://uk.photos.yahoo.com/bc/ste_sa/lst?.dir=/My+cars/1.2i+1995-1998/Repair+Pics&.src=ph&.order=&.view=t

rear left

first thing to do is get a new door sorted and make it fit.. the repair the 1/4 using dent master etc to get it reasonably close

jatinder
17-07-02, 01:44 PM
well i think i should get it written off that way ill have more money to repair it and money left over for bit and bobs that need doing on the car such as thermosat, fuel gauge sender unit n rust on rear arches and have them de lipped for big wheels The cars done 120, 000 miles and is good nick uses no oil and blow no smoke even under hard acceleration even runs on mobil 1 and have had no probs apart from the obvious nova traits as shown above. I have already looked for nova sris on the web an there going for about 1500 is that a reasonable price i should ask for?

dave.gsi
17-07-02, 11:30 PM
lol.....thats just a scratch! when i bought my sr the guy showed me a pic of when some old dear t boned it on the rear three quarter......looked a bit like ste's. he took it down his local body shop and they fitted a brand new quarter panel for him. i've got the recipt somewhere so i'll dig it out to see how much it cost.

neiloakley
18-07-02, 12:11 AM
if it gets written off, depending what cat. it is, you may not legally be able to use it on the road again. My 2.0i got written off and i bought it back but i have t send them proof that the car has been scrapped and that i have only used ot for parts. Check with them first. So if it gets written off, and you purchase it back, will it be insurable!