PDA

View Full Version : parking tickets

brucer
15-01-08, 04:57 PM
while having a chat with a bloke from work he mentioned that if every single detail on the ticket isnt correct them you dont have to pay.

thinking this if i get stickers of opel corsa on the back of my nova and the silly plank of a parking attendant writes this down then i assume it would be void as my car is indeed a vauxhall nova.lmao,

wandered if this could work.hahaha.

FUSION X16XE
15-01-08, 04:59 PM
well what about a de-badged car? if he didnt know what it was what would he do?

brucer
15-01-08, 05:04 PM
had this discussion with mates today.lol.not too sure what they'd do.if its a woman then some cars would be out of her reach.lol. no offence ladies

Adam
15-01-08, 05:05 PM
He'd just put the registration.......
I really doubt they write down the make/model etc etc of every car?

FUSION X16XE
15-01-08, 05:07 PM
lol im guna ask one soon, could save me hundreds in parking costs. i dont know about you lot up north but we now have to pay a yearly fee to park outside our house!!!! god dam council...

brucer
15-01-08, 05:09 PM
how much is that then??

Dave.
15-01-08, 05:10 PM
i had a small kit car when i was bout 11, and we hadent a clue what it was, untill we saw the parking fine on the windscreen saying it was a sbre sprint, so i assume once he runs the reg through the png itll come up as vauxhall nova?

Adam
15-01-08, 05:13 PM
Exactly my point/\
He aint going have to know make/model of every car.
He'll just run the reg through the police computer.

brucer
15-01-08, 05:15 PM
tbh i didnt think them people were that high tech.they dont have any place in the world so.......

well i had a giggle for a while anyway.lol.

FUSION X16XE
15-01-08, 05:19 PM
yer they got them lil jazzy hand held computers that i think are linked to the dvla database, and its ?8 for my car but ?12 for my brothers A4 a year and the bigger the car the more it is!!!! its like a added extra ontop of my road tax, *******s!!!

djshaggeh
15-01-08, 05:36 PM
its ?8 for my car but ?12 for my brothers A4 a year and the bigger the car the more it is!!!! its like a added extra ontop of my road tax, *******s!!!

Lucky you, everytime i wanna park outside my house i have to pay 40p an hour. Although Sunday is free. Luckily I have off street parking round the back of my house. Quick tip, if i get a ticket then ill ask my next door neighbour to buy his ticket off of him and send it to the parking office, saying it was displayed but my have had the wrong side facing.

Although parking properly is less hassles.

Jack
15-01-08, 06:23 PM
i had a small kit car when i was bout 11, and we hadent a clue what it was, untill we saw the parking fine on the windscreen saying it was a sbre sprint
There's one of those on the airstation

Philsutton
15-01-08, 06:40 PM
well what about a de-badged car? if he didnt know what it was what would he do?

I had this a while ago when I had the nova. It was debadged, I came out an saw this women "trying" to book my car. She must have been there for about 10mins just staring at it. When I went to go an get in she just said she couldnt give me a ticket as she didnt know what car it was. LOL

Matt2107
15-01-08, 06:47 PM
When I got one for my FTO they but grey Mitsubishi.

Is it worth going to court for?

Edit: my resident permit is ?40 per year.

FUSION X16XE
15-01-08, 06:56 PM
Edit: my resident permit is ?40 per year.

i count myself lucky lol

Clean 2.0 nova
15-01-08, 08:37 PM
It use to be the case that you could get off a fine if the councils signage wasn't qiute right (not enough no-parking signs, double yellow lines broken etc). Unfortunately a 'test' case went to court recently where the council won when they argued they couldn't reasonably keep the signage fully maintained - Tw*ts.

Ste L
15-01-08, 09:40 PM
also, driving off before they put the ticket on your car doesn't work lol
i did this 2 month's ago, and i got a letter thought the post asking for me to pay ?60 the otherday

i was parked in a loading bay picking something up from machine mart, so i sent my reciept to them, saying im not paying it, just waiting to hear back from that now lol

Jim Mcrae
16-01-08, 12:50 PM
I only ever had one, was on my birthday too:(

NOVA_LEE
16-01-08, 01:10 PM
was in college one day an i was the only one who could drive an how fortanate, my mate broke his arm so i ran him hospital an had no money for a ticket machine so i parked like a mile away from hospital an walked there with him got back to the car an there was a parkin fine that was filled in like 5 mins be4 so on way back from college i seen a parkin attendant an just startin sayin what i fort of them out of me car window very loudly, mate paid the fine aswell :D

also i found out i read it on an insurance site it askes for you to declare any motoring convictions an this includes parking fines lol daft if ya ask me.

Stuart
16-01-08, 01:29 PM
buy your own house with drive, that way your car parking earns you money (till a crash comes lol) :D

the only detail that will get you "off" a parking fine is if they write the wrong number plate down... in terms of mistakes on the form.