PDA

View Full Version : 280 deg cams in an xe

alan b
15-01-08, 03:09 PM
^^^as above just wondering if there a bit high for an otherwise standard xe?

meritlover
15-01-08, 04:03 PM
yes it would feel to mee that a cam of such a wildness may cause many of a pressure pulse to be engine up in the plenum/runners and cause much poor running at low rpms/load. this is not a good thing if you have a std management and also of much pointlessness if this is the only mod you are doing.
there will be much more severe gains to be had if valves are 3 way cut and ports are made nice and big. manifolds can be made better to make air ways breath.
but the XE is a nice engine to get many powers from. please treat it well

thank you please

Lee
15-01-08, 06:53 PM
Pmsl, i could read this guys posts all day :)

alan b
15-01-08, 07:35 PM
?! anyone else.

meritlover
15-01-08, 07:49 PM
you may find better gains can be found by advancing the standerd inlet cam a few degrees. it may move a power band up a bit but you might loose some torque. it does seems to me that a cam of such a duration will be wasted in an engine that has no other tunings features.

Lee
15-01-08, 07:51 PM
You'll probably need pocketed pistons as well, without knowing the duration.

alan b
15-01-08, 07:53 PM
ill find out what make they are and get the duration, ive just rebuilt my head with new valves so dont wana have to get the head off again!

meritlover
15-01-08, 07:54 PM
yes this is possible if the lift is going to be higher at the same Crank position. or if the cam is indeed to open at an earlier.

however this can change compressio rations and this will open a new bag of worms to create more variables for you to do tunings more difficultly.