PDA

View Full Version : Football Rules

Paul
14-01-08, 08:29 PM
Had a bit of a **** one tonight, were 3-2 down.

My mate hit the ball, and the goal was dissalowed, but am unsure of the exact rules here.

When a referee blows the final whistle, he always goes "woo woo woo-oooo" (lmao) This is what happened

Same time "woo" ball struck

"woo"

Ball goes into goal (bounces around net)

"woo-oooo"

Then the referee dissalowed the goal, is that correct?

Now I cant find the rule, but I was under the impression the game ceased on the FINAL whistle, well, the final whistle was the longer "woo-ooo" so technically it should stand or not?

Reason it kicked up such a fuss is because were 2nd, theyre top, them winning pulls them 6points clear, instead of being level :(

So, any info gents please!

Paul

JSeymour
14-01-08, 10:37 PM
think hes right, start of the whistle is end of play. or so i think.

Jack
14-01-08, 10:39 PM
Aye, afaik once the whistle starts to blow thats it. Although I don't know of one decent ref that would blow the whistle just as someone takes a shot on goal!

let_nova
14-01-08, 11:15 PM
sure its the last blow but as said above bout the ref. looks like the ref was there 12th man!

smcgsi16v
14-01-08, 11:34 PM
At the sound of the whistle all play stops.

The only reason for the multiple blows at the end is to differenciate.

Matt2107
15-01-08, 01:04 PM
He probably just wanted to go home.

dave.gsi
15-01-08, 08:57 PM
at the end of the day the ref is in charge, he can do pretty much what he likes and theres nothing you can do about it.

and i agree, what the hell is the ref doing blowing the whistle when your attacking?! its kind of an unwritten rule that you allow play to go on over time if there is a chance of scoring. maybe he suports the other team?lol

Adam
15-01-08, 09:05 PM
Yeah, once the whistle is blown the games over.
He doesn't have to go "woo, woo, wooooo" lol
He could just do it once.

No excuses Paul, you LOST :p

Lee
15-01-08, 09:12 PM
Fcuking loser lol

Paul
15-01-08, 09:15 PM
:( Hey thats not nice, we're top of our Sunday league though :D