PDA

View Full Version : Running temperture

carltoncrazy
15-07-02, 03:29 PM
hi this may be a daft question but i dont know about nova much.
my nova doesnt run much,hardly drive it dure to zorst problems,
and how,how long should it take the temperture gauage to move,if the car was idling,
also its a 1,3 SR,does ne 1 know wot color wires conect to the electric fan under the bonnet?

ade
15-07-02, 04:50 PM
if just idling without driving - depending on the day and the revs (auto choke?) could take anything up to 10 - 15 mins. My 1.2 takes about that when manual choke is pulled out (but I hardly use choke cos engine starts and runs 1st time without it :D ) and it takes about 15 mins.
When the car is moving my engine gets to usual temp in about 10 mins.

Most cars are the same - well they are accorsing to the castrol magntec oil add when most damage is caused in 1st 10 mins - thats why you should never over rev engine when cold coz oil cant do its job properly.
:|

Ste_Nova
15-07-02, 05:51 PM
i valve bounce my 1.0 out of the drive from cold every morning then drive flat out the 1.5miles to work and the same for the return jurney

Dicko
15-07-02, 06:43 PM
shouldnt rev over 3k rpm until temp guage has reached 1st marker, but as ste points out with most engines its just not worth the hassle, they are cheap enough to replace :)

neiloakley
15-07-02, 11:43 PM
if my memory serves me properly, then fan wire is one blak/white and one brown.

locky
16-07-02, 04:48 PM
Mine hardly moves on a journey, just under the quarter mark, but if im sat in traffic it'l go to just before half way! Never gone over half way!