PDA

View Full Version : removing front window surrounds

bola
13-01-08, 08:56 PM
How do i remove the front window surrounds? They need to come off for the respray & i can only get the bottom one off! thanks

ade
13-01-08, 10:07 PM
with great care and difficulty!

I'm guessing youve dismantled the whole door?

The easiers way is a length of wood and a hammer and gently hammer it along the length - using a screwdriver will guarantee you dent it or worse still bend it. Once bent its fecked!

The bottom one needs to be removed 1st after taking the rubber 1/4 window out. Watch the corner by the handle - will bend and snap off if not careful.

Remove the wing mirror and take the curved section out next from behind it.

Then remove the long angled section.

Then the top

Then the door edge.

Take your time and DONT FORCE THEM!

ade
13-01-08, 10:08 PM
see when you get the off, can you do me a favour and pst a pic of the clip that holds them in place - I need to order some new ones...

bola
14-01-08, 07:23 PM
the ones under the front quarters? Oh btw i have the bottom off, its just the side & top i am struggling with!

Dod
14-01-08, 07:57 PM
As ade said, but i'd use a number plate, wont bust or perish. The Clip ade, is a wee small Alu item, about 30 mm long, 4mm wide and 5-6mm deep. I'll see if i can find one to take a pic for you.

Martin
14-01-08, 07:59 PM
there a bastid, dont break or tear the rubber seals and there diferent ones to normal nova items, so ive been told

Dave.
14-01-08, 08:17 PM
when i put mine on, they went on easy, and when i take them off to starighten them fof etc, they just pop off with a pair of fingers and a sharp tug