PDA

View Full Version : Weekend job on mates car.

nova---chris
13-01-08, 07:32 PM
Mate decided is bmw needed a change so got himself a set of wheels and some lowering springs. What a joy we had today fitting them.
Unit and heater and few cups of tea and of we went!

1 set of clamps (never enough) so had to get a 2nd set
2 new springs (fly further than the old ones did ouch)
3 just a general ball ache. (Ask me fingers)

Once we masterd the art of putting the bmw top mounts and springs back on the shocks we was away. 3 hours later everything fitted and looking good

Old rear springs had both snapped. ouch! he did think one had gone but was suprised when we found both had.

Was impressed with what the wheels and set of springs did for the car. not to much yet subtle .Only thing left now is to change is front bumper. But hes not decided on one yet.

heres a few pics.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/Nova---Chris/DSC00189.jpg
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o306/Nova---Chris/DSC00188.jpg

Nick J
13-01-08, 07:48 PM
mv 2's really suit the e46's. A set of sport bumpers and side skirts and it will look better still however just a tip....... If he wants a sport front bumper he will also have to change the air ductings etc behind the bumper as there different And expensive! hope this helps, Nick

CP
13-01-08, 09:04 PM
:thumb: nice

nova---chris
14-01-08, 03:45 PM
Cheers guys.

As for the front ill see what hes going to do next! (god help)

i just cant get away from fixing cars arghh! lol

meritlover
14-01-08, 04:52 PM
nova chris, might i add that you have a lovely avatar and it would appear to represent the opinions of the british people very well with re to the 2012 olimpics.

please

NovaLad
14-01-08, 04:55 PM
Olympics**

craig green
14-01-08, 05:05 PM
How about a nice mid-niineties DTM type front splitter (ie a peice of black plastic) with the support struts & a DTM upswept tailpipe?

Some black chequered graphics up the doors & his surname in the rear windows!

lol

nova---chris
14-01-08, 05:12 PM
i did tell him to buy a m5. but his mileage per week would need a tanker in is back garden

craig green
14-01-08, 05:19 PM
E39 V8 M5. Mmmmmm

meritlover
14-01-08, 05:26 PM
i did tell him to buy a m5. but his mileage per week would need a tanker in is back garden

yes tankers have a very high fuel consumption too. such a shame he did not recieve his dream car :(