PDA

View Full Version : Old school BMX video

Brodie_Sri
13-01-08, 06:24 PM
Hi all i keep thinking about geting another bmx i used to be really in to it when i was younger. Anyway i was looking on youtube at some videos and i came across this i remember seeing this on tv when i was a kid look what he jumps over, I thought i would share it with you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJYGYoCJCyM&feature=related

krobinson
13-01-08, 06:31 PM
Screw the BMX - He jumps over mostly Nova's!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/novasss.jpg

Keith

Dave.
13-01-08, 06:34 PM
look, an astra!

burgo
13-01-08, 06:34 PM
check the white sr :thumb:

burgo
13-01-08, 06:36 PM
is the blue one a saloon?? got a saloon grill im sure

Jack
13-01-08, 06:36 PM
I like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAvC1MZAR4s) BMX video. I think Phil Sutton will as well lol

Jack
13-01-08, 06:39 PM
is the blue one a saloon?? got a saloon grill im sure
I don't think so, looks like an all-in-one grille/bumper combo.

There's one in there that has a suspiously sport-esque bumper, u.e. the painted bits round the headlights

Martin
13-01-08, 06:44 PM
lol that music reminds me of a edumaction video from school..

if u look carefully jack its got vinyl 2 ;)

burgo
13-01-08, 06:54 PM
your rite about the sport but i still cant make me mind up about the blue one

andybishop
13-01-08, 07:02 PM
Yeah i was going to say one of the white ones looks like a sport with the white around the headlights.

SRlew
13-01-08, 08:19 PM
yeh the white one does look like a sport. can i see slight grey decal near the indicator?

any of you used to ride then?

i still do. well when i can be botherd or when the weather is nice.

lew

ade
13-01-08, 11:08 PM
I used to share a 4th floor flat with a coupld of guys at uni and one used to have a bmx and ride down the stairs every morning!

them Novas all look minted too - like perhaps vauxhall donated them for the challenge - wonder what'd have happened if he'd ploughed into them!

Dar
14-01-08, 09:10 AM
wonder what'd have happened if he'd ploughed into them!
He would have got hurt.

Jack
14-01-08, 09:24 AM
The video would be in Phil's favourites lol

Nick
14-01-08, 12:48 PM
yeh the white one does look like a sport. can i see slight grey decal near the indicator?

any of you used to ride then?

i still do. well when i can be botherd or when the weather is nice.

lew

I used to ride insane amounts of Street/Dirt but on a 26" !

Now i live in a city (uni) i'm soo tempted to get a BMX, but they just feel soo odd to ride

craig green
14-01-08, 01:07 PM
I jumped 9 of my mates back in the day, but not 9 cars FFS!

Cool old footage though.

SRlew
14-01-08, 01:46 PM
I used to ride insane amounts of Street/Dirt but on a 26" !

Now i live in a city (uni) i'm soo tempted to get a BMX, but they just feel soo odd to ride

get a bmx nick! go for a ride somewhere, i try and ride dirt and race tracks now, stick to the big jumps. i go street still as iv always loved it.

Steve
14-01-08, 02:25 PM
Ive still got my haro 540 air, havent used it for a good few years now, recently got back into mountain biking as bmx's are just too small for me! lol

I'd say there was a sport in that vid, and a couple of snow plough sr's.

SRlew
14-01-08, 03:27 PM
yeh they are small but it feels like home for me to be on one lol

im not into big bikes lol and im 6' 3"

Steve
14-01-08, 03:38 PM
Im not quite that tall but after riding a 26" bike, getting on a bmx was just too weird!! lol

Cant even sit down and pedal without hitting my knees on the bars lol

SRlew
14-01-08, 03:52 PM
haha i know yeh, get on your bmx! i love it, always been riding one hope i always will atleast untill my back gives in lol
found a pic and vid on my photobucket, carnt wait for the weather to get better

me and a mate were in the back of a bmx magazine a month or so ago, was about how we ride and drink lol draper you'd be impressed lol pic of us with pints of stella ha

Steve
14-01-08, 04:42 PM
Nice, not a bad set of jumps, they your local?

I never really got into dirt jumping, I always 'wussed out' on big jumps, used to love street though, cant beat it for the freedom.

Still thinking of getting a ktm or a husky for the weekends, good 'ol bit of of green laning! lol

SRlew
14-01-08, 09:05 PM
yeh i'll always love street, last year i just started thinking f**k it so big jumps here i come, bin going around finding race tracks now.

yeh there the local ones tho, they got good but get knocked down by kids all the time

was thinking of going to moto one day, still might try it, or atleast get one and do what your thinking lol

Steve
14-01-08, 10:27 PM
Well yeah, ive always liked the super-motos as theres ideal for having a blast around the roads and then chucking a spare set of knobbly's on and going off road.

Gotta be a 4-stroke though, I hate those whiney 2 stroke bikes!

SRlew
15-01-08, 07:03 PM
yeh sounds good! and yeh 4 strokes are where its at!

um might look into gettin something when i get another job