PDA

View Full Version : remote central locking

cooltom31
13-01-08, 04:54 PM
i have recently rebuilt my nova and have smoothed the locks on the doors, meaning that i will need to buy some kind of remote central locking kit, i was just wondering what people on here would recomend and what you all use on you delocked novas? the car curruntly does not have central locking as standard.

cheers

tom

Jack
13-01-08, 10:32 PM
Depends on your budget and whether you want to DIY it really. Are you looking at getting an alarm system which integrates to the central locking, or a standalone remote central locking unit?

craig green
14-01-08, 01:32 PM
I'd say you need to retro-fit the std C/L system from a Nova that had it from factory.

Any alarms or remote C/L kits you buy will require the solenoids & wiring etc to be in place. I think you can get remote C/L kits from ebay for approx a tenner. The GM C/L system plugs into the fuse box easily, but the actuators or solenoids in the doors may need rivets etc to mount them.

mikey14sr
14-01-08, 03:24 PM
Even if you fit a proper nova C/L set, you'll need to swap the motor in the drivers door for a 5 wire version and splice the extra 2 wires into the wires that go to the passenger motor in order to get the drivers door to lock and unlock properly. An easy job to do really.

Then decide if you want basic remote CL or an alarm with CL. Might aswell go for an alarm if you could do with the insurance discount.

cooltom31
14-01-08, 04:40 PM
i was thinking maybe just something to unlock the drivers door then if anyone wants to get in the passenger side i can just unlock it from the inside? i have also left the lock on the boot so i can access this by key. not going for any alarm atm but maybe in the future as cash is low atm.