PDA

View Full Version : F***Ing Xsara AGAIN

Rexy
13-01-08, 02:51 PM
Got oulton park comming up near to the end of jan and just spend ?110 on new pads, ?50 new disks brake fluid etc and now the O/S caliper has deicided to stop working.

So ive had a fun day taking the thing apart everything seems to be moving ok, seals seemed ok but for whatever reason the caliper isnt sitting directly in the middle of the caliper causing two pistons to travel further than the other side. Anyways this is causing the back end to kick out pretty dam badly esp at speed. The cars used everyday and ive sold my old setup so mother ****ing money wasted and the ****ing thing still isnt right. . .

Stupid ****ing xsara.... all i want it brakes that work ffs is that too much to ask grrrrrr

:wtf:

Spudly
13-01-08, 03:06 PM
Err hate to be a pain but........

1, Its french...
2, If it were a nova youd be able to fix it with a tie-wrap and a hammer lol!

Adam
13-01-08, 03:22 PM
Fit some valver brakes :p

Rexy
13-01-08, 03:51 PM
yeah but its all good fun, keeps me out of trouble and playing with cars in the cold lol.

was well pissed off before not to bad now, Just taken it out for a blast and its's not too bad, I want to totally get rid of the ABS system and just have it how i want it now how some little french computer things wants me to have it. :thumb:

Ernie
13-01-08, 04:09 PM
bloody french cars ggggrrrrr

Riggy
14-01-08, 11:29 AM
PMSL i got a text of rexy yesterday , asking "how much for my blue nova"

lol as xsara was doin his head in

Cormac
14-01-08, 11:33 AM
My daily drive is a xsara vtr hdi and i cant complain, Brakes do go on most cars so dont think its just french fault lol

Rexy
14-01-08, 11:32 PM
all sorted now. These are brembo 4 pots from a 406 Coupe. Had a brake test today and they are all fine. Its the abs which is causing the problems not the brakes.. they have bedded in well now ready for oulton park on the 29th.

Just got a new clutch and flywheel ;) and a lighter bottom pulley and some parts to remove the air con :D Going to be busy this weekend as well.

I'm happy with her again now :D

Lee
15-01-08, 07:32 PM
http://www.sadman64.net/images/rofl.png