PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Senders

Nova_Tek
11-01-08, 08:12 PM
Ok I have finally had enough of searching for this rarest of rare fuel senders.

So I have a quick question:

Will any Carb Nova Fuel sender fit in my fuel tank. AFAIK carb senders twist into the tank and injection ones bolt into tank.

So unless all Carb tanks are different im assuming all carb fuel senders will fit.

Anyone to confirm my theory?

:thumb:

Lee
11-01-08, 08:16 PM
The problem you have is the fuel outlet on an injection tank is on the fuel sender. If you put a carb sender in, you would lose your fuel outlet, rendering it useless.

You may have to start shopping for a whole tank so you can rob the sender out of it.

Mike
11-01-08, 08:44 PM
Yes carb ones twist into the tank and EFi ones bolt into the tank.

If your after one, I have a minted condition SR sender unit here

Lee
11-01-08, 08:47 PM
Methinks i misread the post somewhat lol

KITT1972
11-01-08, 08:47 PM
i am having the same problem at the mo as well. You can use the carb sender and the carb tank but just dont let the tank get any lower the a quater and it will be fine i had this on my last 20xe and it was done by courtnay but i am going to try a gsi tank this time i bought the tank with no sender but managed to find one toinght

Lee
11-01-08, 08:49 PM
You can get over surge problems using an external swirl pot.

Mike
11-01-08, 09:03 PM
i am having the same problem at the mo as well. You can use the carb sender and the carb tank but just dont let the tank get any lower the a quater and it will be fine i had this on my last 20xe and it was done by courtnay but i am going to try a gsi tank this time i bought the tank with no sender but managed to find one toinght

For the sake of how little a new GSi tank costs these days you may aswell just fit one! You can get a pattern part for as little as ?55!!

Nova_Tek
11-01-08, 10:12 PM
I got a carb tank, to stop any confusion.

You can use the carb sender and the carb tank but just dont let the tank get any lower the a quater and it will be fine

why's this mate? I dont wanna fit a sender from another carb model if its not gonna work properly. Defeats the whole object.

If your after one, I have a minted condition SR sender unit here

I know mate I pm'd you recently hence the post :D

I just need to know if it will work as it should if I stick a sender from a slightly newer Nova.

Many Thanks vbmenu_register("postmenu_799670", true);

Mike
11-01-08, 10:16 PM
Should work, as all carb senders are the same IIRC

AlanH
14-01-08, 07:09 PM
so my 1.2 tank will run a different sender to a gsi? just bought a gsi tank and fuel pump for my c20xe conversion but theres no sender unit, if my standard '92 1.2 one wont fit anyone have one for sale?