PDA

View Full Version : which car alarm

raymond
11-01-08, 05:24 PM
if you had a good amount of money to spend on a decent cat 1 alarm which would you pick not for me for the gf for her rallye just unsure on them as my nova came with one

links would be great

brucer
11-01-08, 06:26 PM
im getting the alarm i had on my old nova. a clifford viper.very good,havnt got any links though.

Adz The Rat
11-01-08, 09:55 PM
Ive got a Clifford Viper on my Cupra too Damo, works well enuf for me

adam c
11-01-08, 11:50 PM
i had a clifford concept something or other on my corsa gsi and that was good(going to get another the same for the nova).it chirped when anyone went near it.it cost ?300 iirc and was cat1 approved.(i shall dig the reciept out and find out the model number)

Timmy
12-01-08, 12:33 AM
i'd say it a clifford like a conspecp but to keep it safe use a disk lock, big yelllow one they work

Nick
12-01-08, 01:50 AM
if you had a good amount of money to spend on a decent cat 1 alarm which would you pick not for me for the gf for her rallye just unsure on them as my nova came with one

links would be great
I recently got a Cat 1 alarm for my XR2. Now, bearing in mind that it's an immaculate standard car, i was VERY perticular about who did it !

Basically, After looking around - i wanted a Clifford. Unfortunatly, the cliffords are herrendously expensive now. They used to be similar to all the other Standard issue CAT 1's.

All the entry level CAT 1's are about ?300.

As mentioned above, VIPER are owned by clifford. They were cliffords sister company for the USA market (Hence the gay name) . Directed Electronics own both companies, and they share the technology. Obviously, the cliffords are slightly better (being more expensive) but you get very similar technology in the Viper alarms, and they use the old Clifford Key-Fobs !

http://www.blackpool-security-centre.co.uk

Ignore the prices on the website.. give the chap a ring. It's not too far from blackpool ?

He did a cracking job, had the car for a 2 days. Took loads of care.. and was generally a nice chap ! He told me not to trust any mobile fitters, as a mobile fitter can't do a good job in 4 hours on your driveway !

The Alarm i got is a Viper Vx450 or something, It's got a reciever keyfob which has a display of the veichle, and beeps e.t.c when your alarm goes off. Works up to a couple of miles away. Pretty usefull ! Then it's got 3 Immobilisers and a standalone alarm e.t.c !

If you'd like any pictures of the Fob e.t.c let me know ! Sorry for the Essay, but i had a bloody good search around when i got mine fitted

Rickyb
12-01-08, 05:35 AM
clifford concept every time follow^^^^link

raymond
12-01-08, 10:50 AM
cheers peeps ill look into the one your on about nick and also the concepts

thanks again

Nick
12-01-08, 11:31 AM
clifford concept every time follow^^^^link

But how much are the clifford CAT 1's now ?

The one i mentioned is about ?320 Fitted

FUSION X16XE
12-01-08, 11:36 AM
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4853.html

what do people think of this?

Nick
12-01-08, 12:33 PM
http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/4853.html

what do people think of this?

That's the one i have. Read what i said above, basically a clifford !

Although, your looking at about ?320 fitted with the certificate

bola
12-01-08, 03:53 PM
what do people think of the toad Ai606 cat 1 alarms?

smcgsi16v
12-01-08, 11:13 PM
Not had many good experiences with Clifford alarms.
At present I have a cat 1 Autowatch on the Corsa and couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Timmy
13-01-08, 12:39 AM
car audio sercuirty are very good shop only just down the road from me they do fitting as well, good bun ch of lads in therer

Spudly
13-01-08, 03:18 PM
what do people think of the toad Ai606 cat 1 alarms?

Spot on had two already on previous cars and worked perfectly, never had false alarms (due to passing vehicles/loud exhausts/passing birds or any other wildlife) which cliffords always seem to do for some reason and you cant say youve never heard a cliffords gay muti-tone going off with noone in sight.
And theyre a hell of a lot cheaper than cliffords too, my mates just had an Ai606 fitted by a guy from safeNsound 209.99 fitted with full certificate for the thatcham cat1 rating and no problems at all.
Id personally go toad but thats just my opinion.

Clean 2.0 nova
14-01-08, 08:19 PM
As above the toad Ai606 has a few features and programmable outputs for ?100ish if you fit it yourself, found it easy to wire up. However I've tried a few times setting up the 'software switches' using the manual. I'm certain the manual can't be right as I haven't mastered it yet- I've adusted some of it but it's hard going.