PDA

View Full Version : Nova SR Interior Swap

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 01:06 PM
Hi there, I was wondering what interior would bolt straight into a C Reg Nova SR? Will a late spec nova gsi interior go straight in? Including door cards?

Will any other vauxhaul interior go in?

Cheers!!

carltoncrazy
15-07-02, 01:12 PM
anything can be done with the time and money,
i think any nova inside will go in,
n e mk1 wil fit n e mk1
but im sure mk2 interior fits

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 01:15 PM
Can anyone confirm if the mk2 gsi interior will go stright in?

ade
15-07-02, 02:57 PM
yep - will fit straight in - I fitted a set of mk1 seats from a B reg into my J reg so if it works in reverse dont see why not. The door cards should be ok too - the carpets (if going that far) will also fit - I've swapped my light grey ones for a set of dark grey and they fitted fine.

Ade

:D

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 02:59 PM
Ok, thanks for that info. Any recommendations on the 'best' or nicest interior to fit? I just presumed the late spec Gsi interior would be the best.

carltoncrazy
15-07-02, 03:02 PM
i fitted a cav CD(mk2) into a nova sallon,and it look sweet,but mods have to be made.
dpeends if u want the sporty look or wat

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 03:09 PM
Yeah I'd like something sporty but something that will go in without mods!!

ade
15-07-02, 03:11 PM
depends on the colour of yer car. I've a red nova - put a dark grey trim with the red horizontal lines on it - but am retrimming the whole lot in a suede like material and velour in the coming weeks!

Seen some nice red and nice blue interiors but they can be expensive.

Ste_Nova
15-07-02, 03:12 PM
sri spec is blue or red
gsi is black...
what colour is your car?

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 03:17 PM
It's a really dark oak green colour car. Wouldn't mind the seats having somekind of blue fleck or something. What about rear headrests? Possible?

JamieBlakeney
15-07-02, 03:18 PM
Is there any difference in the actual seats of an sri and gsi rather than the colour of the velour?

carltoncrazy
15-07-02, 03:32 PM
thats a good question.
how do you fit rear head rest,
its probley really easy,but i dont wanna lose my back seat,if ya with me

ade
15-07-02, 04:55 PM
u can only fit rear headrests if u have seats with a 3/4 split - come standard on higher spec models - or us can get them from a scrappy if youre lucky. Check out the following site for a full rear headrest fitting guide - dead easy. As for tyhr blue spec youre probably best recovering the seats (do em yerself or get upholsterer to do em in your local area).

site for some great mods - "www.novamad.net"

:D

ade
15-07-02, 04:58 PM
you'll need 2 headrests (mk 2 ones are foam and expensive from vauxhall but most vauxhalls from 91 onwards have same style - things like cav, belmont, carlton etc). U also need headrest guides (4) - theyre about ?3.80 each from vauxhall.
U "may" need to cut the ends down so they sit flush (some sit proud of the seats and look odd). Best way I've heard to check if theyre too long is u find the hole where they go in yer rear seats, put a knitting needle in the hole as far as it will go and measure the distance against one of the guides - cut down as necessary. I've not done this yet on my car butplan to do so in the next week or so.
ade

Ste_Nova
15-07-02, 05:47 PM
no no no
rear headies were never std
get rear guides from a belmont only others are too long

Rich Dale
16-07-02, 12:39 AM
Yep....I used Belmont ones and they fit nice and flush ;)

One thing

Not all 3-door interiors will fit in all 3-door Novas.

The very first ones had a different locking mechanism for the rear seat back-rest......U-shaped locking brackets instead of the round bullet-ish ones on all newer Novas.

It probably doesn't concern anyone here but I'm just saying it in case someone has a A or B-plate Nova, and find's they can't swap their seats!

Also, it's bugger (requiring welding) to fit a 60/40 split rear seat in a model without one as standard.....you need the hinge plate for the base and the hinge bracket for the back-rests too...these are welded in ,so have to be chiselled/cut/chopped out and welding in.

Just so that everything's covered ;)