PDA

View Full Version : Mortgage advice!?!?

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 08:39 PM
Ok, a couple of months ago i moved in with my fella in the north east, we have a current (very ****) mortgage with the Halifax, but we're looking at buying a bigger house as we have a daughter each and this house isn't big enough and we need a garage :D

We're shopping around for mortgage deals and valuations on our house but we need some really straight talking independant advice! anyone recommend anyone to try? wanna know good and bad stories

TIA

Stuart
10-01-08, 08:43 PM
contact an IFA.

They are best and legally permitted to advise you on these issues.

getting mortgage advice from a forum is possibly the stupidest idea going.... unless you want an ocean finance deal lmao

Stoo
10-01-08, 08:45 PM
It'll probably be just as good as the advice you usually request on here

I'd have thought you would have learned by now!!

Upgrading to a caravan now then???

mowgli
10-01-08, 08:53 PM
We tried an ifa once, he got us a crazy deal, but the banker kept asking us for more info, followed by more obscure info, followed by even more info.
the missus rang the bank up & said you'd better give us the money because the only info we haven't sent is our cycling proficiency certificates, they said 'we need more info' so she said shove it, & we rang our existing one & got a good deal from them.

you could try money supermarket

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:00 PM
The 2 gay Stus, kiss my ****! i'm asking for real peoples opinions on this, not everyone lives in a caravan ffs!

Mowgli, cheers fella. we've been talking to an accountant for an estate agents today and he gave us impartial advice but nowt like a true opinion on good and bad experiances tbh!

Stuart
10-01-08, 09:11 PM
"technically" its illegal to give out fiscal advice on an unregulated website.

then again that probably wont phase you.....

ime of banks/building societies etc everyone gets a different deal/treatment from them. My only suggestion would be avoid sub-prime lenders unless that is genuinely all you can get (and dont take offense to that, as I know you will)

Stoo
10-01-08, 09:13 PM
The 2 gay Stus, kiss my ****! i'm asking for real peoples opinions on this, not everyone lives in a caravan ffs!

YES We have a bite!! w00h00

My sister in law is a mortgage advisor, but i dont think '2 bit crack ho' qualifies as an occupation on her mortgage applications! lollollollollol

God you leave yourself wide open! And, if its any consolation, i know what youre going thru as i just bought a bigger house too. (not the 2 bit crack ho bit)

mowgli
10-01-08, 09:14 PM
we've been talking to an accountant for an estate agents today and he gave us impartial advice

I think the advice is rarely impartial, most of them don't charge you, but get a good sized kickback off the lender. be careful & only borrow what you need, not what they'll lend you. there are blokes working for my firm with ?150k 100% 35year mortgages & they are labourers. they are also really skint.

MK1-GTE
10-01-08, 09:15 PM
sorry to but in ...........

is kinky monza asking for actual mortgage advice then ????

the way i read the 1`st post is a recomendation from fellow members of a company to try contacting for advice ......

seems to me some people only exsist to try and belittle others .......:roll:

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:16 PM
lollollollollollol I'm far too happy to bite ladies!

Didn't actually know it was illegal, guess this threads closed then lol

Thanks for the bits of info though :)

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:17 PM
sorry to but in ...........

is kinky monza asking for actual mortgage advice then ????

the way i read the 1`st post is a recomendation from fellow members of a company to try contacting for advice ......

Ah don't mind those two, it's a love hate thing! i love to hate them both :D

You'll find i give as good as i get though when i can be ****d lol

Stoo
10-01-08, 09:17 PM

:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

when you've been here long enough, you will understand theres a running comedy feud on here between kinyhorse, me, stuart and mandy racer!!! ;)

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:20 PM
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

when you've been here long enough, you will understand theres a running comedy feud on here between kinyhorse, me, stuart and mandy racer!!! ;)

That's quite literally hilarious lollol i'm crying with bloody laughter here

Stuart
10-01-08, 09:22 PM
a proper IFA costs money, the free ones arent worth wiping your **** with (they are the ones that generally get you into trouble as mowgli said).

plus if you get lucky she might be a total hunny like ours was.... she could have sold me anything lmao

Stoo
10-01-08, 09:22 PM
good, i hope you laughy our head off!

saying that your mortgage would be up sh1t creek, cos if your head fell off you would have no mouth, which i suppose is quite a bread winner!

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:24 PM
a proper IFA costs money, the free ones arent worth wiping your **** with (they are the ones that generally get you into trouble as mowgli said).

plus if you get lucky she might be a total hunny like ours was.... she could have sold me anything lmao

That's what we're trying to avoid at all costs cos i've had to sort out all the finances for this house and get it all in order hence the thread :)

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:26 PM
good, i hope you laughy our head off!

saying that your mortgage would be up sh1t creek, cos if your head fell off you would have no mouth, which i suppose is quite a bread winner!

Aye, it would but i can't see how thatd help me any considering i'm running a business buying and selling horses for silly money :confused:

Stoo
10-01-08, 09:29 PM
silly money, like 10p per horse

i hear evostick will be in touch with you soon!

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:34 PM
silly money, like 10p per horse

i hear evostick will be in touch with you soon!

LMFAO lol sounds like that could be quite lucrative :thumb:

10p per horse? nah more like ?10k per horse! lol

Stoo
10-01-08, 09:35 PM
kin hell, you reall do know how to flog a dead horse!

was that your farm in the papers this week?

Kinky Monza
10-01-08, 09:37 PM
Nah hun, i'm up in County Durham but that bstard wants shooting for that! :@

mowgli
10-01-08, 10:21 PM
How do you make a small fortune with horses????????

Start off with a big fortune BOOM BOOM!!!!

ANDYRACER
11-01-08, 12:17 AM
Are you related to Daladine by any chance? :confused:
He keeps coming back on here even tho he is about as welcome as your fat ass at a vauxhall meet. :confused:

Kinky Monza
11-01-08, 06:59 AM
How do you make a small fortune with horses????????

Start off with a big fortune BOOM BOOM!!!!

That's exactly it lol

Mandy- STFU :thumb:

dan16v
11-01-08, 09:48 AM
contact an IFA.

They are best and legally permitted to advise you on these issues.

getting mortgage advice from a forum is possibly the stupidest idea going.... unless you want an ocean finance deal lmao

yes but if you get an ocean finance deal, that means when you get the cash you get to sail off in a boat whilst supping on champagne?;)

Jim
11-01-08, 10:09 AM
Personally I wouldn't use an estate agents mortgage advisor. When I bought my house, the estate agent said I had to meet with their advisor before buying the house (even though I already had a mortgage agreed by an IFA), so I trundle in to see him and when I said I had a mortgage sorted he said that my income v's outcome meant that I could not afford the house and threatend to withdrawl my offer on the property if I didn't get a mortgage through him. At this point I left the estate agents, went to the seller directly and told him to ignore the estate agents if they said I couldn't afford to buy his house because I could.

When looking for a mortgage these days, most banks/building societys will have similar deals as IFA's and you do not have to pay to see a bank/building advisor. Shop around and see who has the best deal that suits yours and your partners needs.

Kinky Monza
11-01-08, 12:42 PM
Cheers Jim, really good bit of info :)