PDA

View Full Version : M.O.T Mileage!

DTR-DEVIL
10-01-08, 06:07 PM
Right,

My Car is Showing 76k on my original Clocks. and its also recorded at 75k on my last Mot. Ive recently fitted Digi's and its showing 55k. Im wondering if my car that is booked in for a mot in four days will pass?. Few people have said, if its not a major increase, they MOT'ers wont even notice (Cheers XnovaX:thumb:).
But there bound to notice a sudden drop of 20k!

Can anyone help?? :confused:

GDN16v
10-01-08, 06:09 PM
Right,

My Car is Showing 76k on my original Clocks. and its also recorded at 75k on my last Mot. Ive recently fitted Digi's and its showing 55k. Im wondering if my car that is booked in for a mot in four days will pass?. Few people have said, if its not a major increase, they MOT'ers wont even notice (Cheers XnovaX:thumb:).
But there bound to notice a sudden drop of 20k!

Can anyone help?? :confused:

They'll not be bothered! Doesnt affect the mot!:thumb:

Shaun_O'Donnell
10-01-08, 06:10 PM
On my SRI I had the original clocks showing 90k, then fitted a 8v digi dash reading 130k, then a 16v digi dash reading 75k. Was over a few years and had MOT's done with each dash fitted and no questions asked.

Iain
10-01-08, 06:10 PM
Mine went from 70k the MOT before last to 11k after fitting a digidash the same as you. He wasn't fussed. If you're worried or want it to read correctly then change the mileage reading to what it should be.

DTR-DEVIL
10-01-08, 06:13 PM
Wow cheers for the help. Nah i cbf'ed to change it. Wat do they write on the MOT form then? surely not the current miles the digi's reading!?

vaughanmc
10-01-08, 06:14 PM
Wow cheers for the help. Nah i cbf'ed to change it. Wat do they write on the MOT form then? surely not the current miles the digi's reading!?

They probably will write that as its what there going by...

GDN16v
10-01-08, 06:15 PM

Thats what they'll put down!

Iain
10-01-08, 06:16 PM
Yep, my last MOT says 11,000 lol

DTR-DEVIL
10-01-08, 06:17 PM
Yep, my last MOT says 11,000 lol

pmsl you just doubled your car value lol

Dave.
10-01-08, 06:18 PM
ive done mine because i dont want people looking at it and seeing its done xxx amount of miles, when its done like 45k, plus i can keep track of how many road miles shes done haha

edit: ive put mine back to what it was when i bought it, so it looks like it hasnt travelled, because on the sorn we put down the mileage, and when we fill in tax etc its gotta have the same mileage, just to be sure

SRimon
10-01-08, 06:25 PM
worst case scenario always keep your original clocks, and make it so it only has done 23 miles or whatever in a year lol

Timmy
10-01-08, 06:25 PM
whynot just clock the dash

DTR-DEVIL
10-01-08, 06:26 PM
edit: i HAVE NOT put mine back to what it was when i bought it, so it looks like it hasnt travelled, because on the sorn we put down the mileage, and when we fill in tax etc its gotta have the same mileage, just to be sure

lol

Ste L
10-01-08, 06:58 PM
edit: ive put mine back to what it was when i bought it, so it looks like it hasnt travelled, because on the sorn we put down the mileage, and when we fill in tax etc its gotta have the same mileage, just to be sure

doesn't have to, could of been used on a track, and it wouldn't need tax for that ;)

Matt2107
11-01-08, 01:27 PM
If your driving it on private land it isn't a problem anyway.

To be honest I'd probably set the clocks to the mileage of the car rather than leaving it as potentially when you come to sell on it may cause a bit of suspision when the buyer is looking through your history. You never know they might just walk away.