PDA

View Full Version : mk2 sr engine

sr jack
10-01-08, 12:07 AM
hi guys ive got 1.4 sr and i no about swapping heads and inlets but iv heard all differnt storrys. i just wanted to no what head is best and inlet

mikeoxford
10-01-08, 12:59 AM
the square inlet ports on the 1.4sr head are very narrow and restrictive in their airflow. This was the first item I removed when i tuned my previous 1.4. depending on your preferred inlet i.e either carb or injection I would take different routes.

If using injection i.e fitting the injection system from a 1.4sri use the 1.4 round port head.

If using carburettors i.e pierburg or weber 32/34 dhtml I have recieved better performance from a head with cathedral ports these look like an egg shape? is the best way I can describe with a squareish bottom. For displacement and a slightly better compression ratio, opt for the 1.2 head with cathedral ports - be aware the 1.2 head comes with round ports as well for the 1.2 spi but you do not want this.

weber 40 DCOE are the only carburettor exception to this and I saw best results from a blydenstein round ported head instead

if budget will allow i can strongly recommend the weber 32/34 dhtml carb for the few extra quid over the standard pierburg. I guess yours is autochoke?

Hope that helps

If ive done nothing but confuse you PM me!

Edited: to make more sense!