PDA

View Full Version : standard Actuator

hoob
09-01-08, 03:46 PM
hello where can i buy a standard Actuator for c20let ??
also do thay do a rebuild kit for the turbo as my actuator arm and penny valve are fooked...

thanks
hoob :thumb:

R1CH
09-01-08, 06:40 PM
Not sure on a std one tbh, maybe try AutoVaux or even give Vauxhall a try, if its boosting more than std then maybe worth getting a stronger one, can get -31 Actuators for a decent price on Ebay (MS Developments), just need to modify your std mounting bracket.
You can get Wastegate rebuild kits from TurboActive for about ?65.

hoob
10-01-08, 10:24 AM
cheers rich:thumb:.. well i am going be running eds phs 2 so prob be a good idear to get a stronger actuator what one will i need? how hard is it to modify the std mounting bracket..

Are the Wastegate rebuild kits hard to fit ?

thanks
hoob;)

Austin_Nova16
10-01-08, 10:39 AM
Simple to mod..

I fitted a 5quid ebay special RSturbo -31 on mine.

R1CH
10-01-08, 06:49 PM
Are the Wastegate rebuild kits hard to fit ?

Never done one personaly but laddo at work has ... you'll have to remove the manifold from the car and remove the 90* elbow off the end (might even have to remove Turbo from manifold ?) then you've gotta grind the arm off the top of the shaft (that goes thru the manfold) then the shaft with the penny valve will pull out, then you've gotta press the old bush out of the manifold, press the new one in, refit the shaft & penny valve then weld the arm back to the shaft.
Then refit everything ... job done !