PDA

View Full Version : Weight distribution

mikeoxford
09-01-08, 01:18 AM
Hi all,

I have an idea for an incar fuel cell but I want it placed to one side of the car, will it affect my CoG or weight distribution too much?

Any opinions....

garyc
09-01-08, 08:30 AM
daily driver or racer?

Dar
09-01-08, 09:20 AM
The standard fuel tank is in the peferct position, low and near the centre of the car.

When you change the position of the fuel tank you have to remember that the difference between it being full and empty will be a fair bit. So if you have a car with finely tuned handling it will behave slightly differently as the fuel gets burned.

However if it's a show car or just to be used on the roads or you using the fuel cell to boost the capacity of the standard tank then I can't see it posing much of a problem. After all it will only be like having a small person sat in the back.

t45_ste
09-01-08, 09:49 AM
Iv had a small alloy fuel cell made to go in the standard position under the car but it will be sitting over to the left, due to the driver and engine being over to the right. Only problem is is that its a 3 gallon tank so not realy ideal for the road.

mikeoxford
09-01-08, 04:46 PM
mmm weekend driver, shows and hopefully a few track days throughout the year.

idea was looks for shows, but more so functionality so on a trip to the ring I dont have to refuel every 200 miles lol.

track days are more for fun im not looking to save tenths of a second here and there. The interior will be going on a crash diet but im not taking lap times too seriously. Might hand the car over to Novaloads Stig to see what it can do but I wont be pushing too many limits personally...

mikeoxford
09-01-08, 04:47 PM
The standard fuel tank is in the peferct position, low and near the centre of the car.

Makes perfect sense

Mike
09-01-08, 04:56 PM
Personally id leave the tank where it is, but move the battery and wiper tank to the rear, thus removing them from the suspension turret area.