PDA

View Full Version : Can someone help me please?

NovaLad
09-01-08, 12:21 AM
Basicly i'm pretty darn sure my left speaker keeps shorting out so what's the best approach to sort this out and how do i get to the wires.

Do i just tape up the wires?

Jack
09-01-08, 08:41 AM
Mk2? Take the dash out, assuming you mean the dash speakers.

Easiest option is to tape the wire with electrical tape, although see if you can figure out why the speaker is shorting out first to prevent it happening again (check for breaks and damage to the wire further up the line too). It could be the wire going to the speaker has had it, so might be worth running some new cable whilst you're there.

NovaLad
09-01-08, 12:10 PM
I have to remove my whole dash just to sort this problem out ?

michael squeak
09-01-08, 12:28 PM
unless you got really thin hands and you can get to it behind the glovebox.

i think you can do it that way

Jack
09-01-08, 01:02 PM
You can just about access the speakers with the dash in place, but good luck trying to check the wiring going to them.

If you can reach the speaker terminals you could probably just put in new wiring and forget about the old stuff.

Dash out is easy anyway its only something like 4 screw and two nuts. You don't have to remove it completely, just enough to pull it forward to give yourself better access (so don't need to worry about faffing about with the heater cables).

Riggy
09-01-08, 05:45 PM
you can get to the passenger speaker easy , just need to take glove box out :thumb: the drivers is the bitch lol

dont forget they twist out lol

SRimon
09-01-08, 08:20 PM
Novalad will never manage that lol