PDA

View Full Version : front brake upgrade ....a little info needed please ..

MK1-GTE
08-01-08, 04:23 PM
as above am in the process of sorting out 288mm vectra discs n calipers to fit onthe nova ...

discs are of to be redrilled later today and also the same place is going to hopefully make the spigot rings .....:thumb:

my questions are ..:)

does anyone have any info on the spigot ring dimensions please??

also what will i need to fit these to the car ?

do the brake pipe fittings simply fix excactly the same to both calipers and also are the standard nova brake pipes long enough as the caliper obviously sits a bit further away ..??
(i will be getting braided hoses and upgrading the servo/master cylinder shortly)

any help or advice prior to me starting the job would be great ..
(hopefully can get all items needed by the weekend and have a nova that will actually stop ..)

many thanks al

craig green
08-01-08, 08:13 PM
Spigot rings are;

outer dia (as iner dia of discs)

inner dia (as outer dia of hub flange)

Thickness (a little less than that of the disc at the mating face & have a chamfer machined on the rear edge as per the radius on the hub flange.

Flexis fit & no other mods are needed. Simply fit & bleed. Depending on your wheels you may need to grind a bit off the lips on the caliper that the pad retaining clip sits against. You'll see.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c323/turbocraig/NovaGSi-WIP_pics/CGcamphone024.jpg

Tight behind a Tigra wheel! LOL

Lee
08-01-08, 08:29 PM
Bear in mind, from previous posts and discussions on here, there seems to be two types of Goodrich braided hose listed for Nova. One set is fine, the other appears to be too short.

I recommend you get whoever you buy them from to measure them before dispatch, and compare the measurements with your standard pipes.

We still dont know why this is, it is possible Goodrich fecked up a few batches, but there are different part numbers listed for Nova, despite them being identical throughout the range.

MK1-GTE
08-01-08, 10:10 PM
craig ..... thanks mate ..all questions answered ....

lee also thank you ......saves a problem when i got to order them ....

and stuart ....wtf is with editing my post as you dont like the bold text ....?

mikeoxford
10-01-08, 02:14 AM
when fitting the hoses, make sure the excess loop type bit that flexes, points inward towards your arch not your wheel.

MK1-GTE
10-01-08, 12:09 PM
think i get you thanks mike ,..:)