PDA

View Full Version : Opel Corsa GT please read

scousebryan
08-01-08, 03:24 AM
Hi guys

I was last online 25-10-2004 so its been awhile haha

The reason for this post is I am now living out in Spain and there is a red Opel Corsa GT Spain's version of the Vauxhall Nova 1.3Sr.

Its mint apart from 2 small scuffs one on the driverside rear arch and driverside front bumper. Bearing in mind this is a lefthand drive.

The arches are like brand new the paint work is amazing for a car of its age, none of the rust like on most UK based Nova's.

All I was thinking was if anyone was interested in buying it and I could sort it all out and drive it back to the UK.

Its currently owned by a young lady who is the second owner. I would buy it for myself but I am saving for something newer.

I just saw it parked up with a for sale sign and thought for a nova fan this would be a good little project a OPEL CORSA GT spanish plated how many of them do you see at shows?

I will try and get hold of some pictures of under the bonnet, the wings, interior etc and I will get more details about it over the next few days.

If you search on youtube for a Opel Corsa GT you will see a video of the original TV advert for the car. Thats for anyone who wants to refresh themselves with the Opel Corsa GT. The bumper on the car I am talking about is the same as the GTE bumper from what I can remember.

If anyone is interested let me know on here or my email address is on my profile

Thanks for reading this I am not out to make money just thought someone might like the option to own a Opel Corsa GT

Bryan Walker

PS for people thinking this is a scam, I was on Roybacer, PNG, Novaload and various other car forums in the past, so some people might remember me from them.

Steve
08-01-08, 10:24 AM
Im sure someone will have it, maybe not right away, I would have it if it was a very early one, but judging by the gte bumpers its an 89/90 model with the line pattern seats?

Pics would be good when you get a chance, as would other stuff like mileage etc..

Jack
08-01-08, 10:32 AM
Hmm, condition sounds good, but a left hooker would be a bit of a pain on UK roads. The spanish plates would be replaced with UK ones as well if it was imported to these shores permanently.

Is it much of a job to convert to RHD?

Stuart
08-01-08, 10:32 AM
a forsale thread in the forsale forum would have been better.....

Steve
08-01-08, 10:41 AM
I think this is just to generate some interest at the mo as by the sounds of it its not his car..

craig green
08-01-08, 11:50 AM
Easy to convert to a right hand drive I'd imagine.

Stuart
08-01-08, 12:25 PM
would need to change the bulkhead panel iirc..... so not so easy lol

s14a
08-01-08, 01:48 PM
they were available in ireland but very rare, nice project id say..

scousebryan
08-01-08, 02:32 PM
I thought about putting this in the for sale section but like NovaSteve said its not my car so I didnt think it was worth putting in there.

If it was registered in the UK would it get a new reg or would it be one that reflects the year it was built?

Jack
08-01-08, 03:35 PM
I believe it would get one reflecting the age of the car.

NOV4_SPORT
08-01-08, 03:59 PM
Any chance of some pics mate, when you get a chance

iain

sport
08-01-08, 04:46 PM
Hmm, condition sounds good, but a left hooker would be a bit of a pain on UK roads. The spanish plates would be replaced with UK ones as well if it was imported to these shores permanently.

Is it much of a job to convert to RHD?

If youve got a doner car it is easy to do, you dont have to change bulkhead panel just drill out the spot welds on all the brackets.

Philsutton
08-01-08, 06:27 PM
There are millions an millions of them in spain / portugal, always see them when I go over. Thing is contray to what people seem to think cars mroe expensive than here, well they were in Portugal as most people buy a car an drive for 40 years lol, and then the stupid tax law they have.

JSeymour
08-01-08, 08:14 PM
????

stevenf
09-01-08, 01:20 AM
price?

craig green
09-01-08, 10:20 AM
If youve got a doner car it is easy to do, you dont have to change bulkhead panel just drill out the spot welds on all the brackets.

RHD rack, column, dash, loom maybe & a pedal assembly. Half of that could be upgraded anyway whilst doing the swap.

Great way to hoon about with no tax or MOT for a while anyway. Like all the other immigrants seem to get away with. :D