PDA

View Full Version : GTE Rear Flick

nathanl
12-07-02, 10:33 AM
Can someone please tell me how to fit one, I have got it but mine had a rear end before I bought it and has got an sr rear bumper, I have got the flick but don't want to be hacking by bumper up unnecessarilly.
Cheers,
Nathan.

ade
13-07-02, 05:45 PM
When u say rear flick - if u mean the splitter bit on the GTE bumper that kind of bumbusses out, it should just clip on (I think).

I have an old GTE bumper and the splitter bit I'm planning to transplant onto a mk2 rear bumper - havnt done it yet but been told it looks well smart when done properly. If u have the mk1 SR rear bumper, you'll need to remove the existing small angles splitter and the GTE one "should" just fit in the same holes. If not, cut it off and use self tappers.

Ade
:D

novatec
13-07-02, 11:50 PM
I've got a GTE rear flick on my SR rear bumper. Not exactly sure but I think they are just clipped on. Best person to ask is rich_dale as he was the one who fitted this one.
They do look really good! 8)

Rich Dale
15-07-02, 10:20 PM
lol.......yep...ask me :)

On my last Nova (the one novatec now owns), I fitted the rear "flick" with self-tapers along the adjoining edge of the two parts (bumper and flick).
On the GTE, the two parts are "melt-joined" together......in other words, there are slots in the bottom of the bumper that tabs on the "flick" slot through. Another piece on the flick with slots in, folds up under and meets the tabs and the two bits slot together. The ends of the tabs are plastic welded to the slot-section of the flick.

Bloody hell...if you understand that, then well done lol

The bumper on all later MKI novas have a groove about a inch above the bottom edge.....the top of the flick sits into this groove.
My old bumper (the one on Novatec's) doesn't have a grove so the flick sits out further from the bumper, which always made it look a bit more beefy but meant that I had to use extra screws at the outer vertical edges to hold it on.

To remove the flick from an original GTE bumper, you'd just have to separate the tabs from the slots with a sharp knife or similar.

nathanl
17-07-02, 10:31 AM
Thanx, I will give it a go.