PDA

View Full Version : confused about what cluth i need to use

djbrowney
06-01-08, 10:07 PM
hi every one,

Have convered a C20xe to a turbo, its an early engine with the flat type fly wheel, i have an f28 6 speed to bolt to it but am unsure about what cluch i need to buy please can some one lead me in the right direction lol

Stoo
06-01-08, 10:12 PM
cav turbo

R1CH
06-01-08, 10:21 PM
cav turbo

Nah, Cav Turbos used a POT flywheel.
I used to run a Flat flywheel with an F28, theres not many places that sell them tbh, unless your willing to pay daft ??$ for a sachs / helix one.
I ended up changing to a POT flywheel, then its just an off the shelf clutch to suit a Cav / Calibra Turbo.

db_1.2
06-01-08, 11:15 PM
I would like information on how you did the conversion as i will soon be looking into converting an XE into a LET of my own spec, just interested in how others have done theirs.

Philsutton
07-01-08, 12:12 PM
Nah, Cav Turbos used a POT flywheel.
I used to run a Flat flywheel with an F28, theres not many places that sell them tbh, unless your willing to pay daft ??$ for a sachs / helix one.
I ended up changing to a POT flywheel, then its just an off the shelf clutch to suit a Cav / Calibra Turbo.

We can get them for the same price or just a little bit more than a pot one. You need half an half, F28 plate and flat type pressure plate.