PDA

View Full Version : Random Fiat qeustion

Mike
06-01-08, 04:56 PM
Before this thread gets filled full of sh1tey comments, please, i know, im aware of how sh1t they are BUT

Our missus has got a little P reg Punto 1.1 55S thingy, and today it literally decided to dump its entire contents of oil across most of the M18 lol and then decided it didnt want to start....at all hahahaa

Any ideas anyone?

Saloony
06-01-08, 04:59 PM
Errr with out seeing it no... H/G, Oil filter, oil filter housing, hole in sump, Crank oil seal, hole in gear box, gear box leak, oil cap off, you imagined it.... etc etc

Fiats arent that ****, going by they own all of italy. Ill say this time and time again, fiats are a good little car.

NOVA_LEE
06-01-08, 04:59 PM
Fix It Again Tomorow lol, i aint got a clue mate just wanted to put that, good luck gettin it fixed

Philsutton
06-01-08, 05:02 PM
Before this thread gets filled full of sh1tey comments, please, i know, im aware of how sh1t they are BUT

Our missus has got a little P reg Punto 1.1 55S thingy, and today it literally decided to dump its entire contents of oil across most of the M18 lol and then decided it didnt want to start....at all hahahaa

Any ideas anyone?

I know of another fiat (same as you describe) doing exactly the same on the motorway. The oil filter just fell off lmfao, it totalled the engine as the woman driving just carried on lol

Mike
06-01-08, 05:02 PM
Good thinking Saloony :D

Ive just checked the oil filter for holes (as my old Corsa managed to explode an oil filter?) and its fine. However its getting dark now, and i cant really see shizzle outside :(

Whats got me thinking is, she had left whereever she was, drove about 20miles then it went kaput lol so im thinking either H/G failure (on a big scale) or shes somehow managed to hole the box or sump?

Mike
06-01-08, 05:03 PM
I know of another fiat (same as you describe) doing exactly the same on the motorway. The oil filter just fell off lmfao, it totalled the engine as the woman driving just carried on lol

AFPMSL!! I can assure, you the oil filter IS still there lol

draper
06-01-08, 05:04 PM
Our missus has got a little P reg Punto 1.1 55S thingy,

you share her ?? she sounds a game bird ;) lol

use this incident as an ideal oppurtunity to put a bmw 3 series engine in

Mike
06-01-08, 05:05 PM
you share her ?? she sounds a game bird ;) lol

use this incident as an ideal oppurtunity to put a bmw 3 series engine in

Well, im sure she's Bi lol lol

Fook the BMW engine, i was thinking a Type R item :D

Philsutton
06-01-08, 05:06 PM
what about holes in the block that you fit your head through? thats normally a good one.

Stanley
06-01-08, 05:13 PM
Back in ye' olde days i had a 1.1 55s Punto and the gearbox had an awful tendency to empty itself off all workings on a regular basis.

3 times in total!

Does the car still have any signs of life/drive?

Mike
06-01-08, 05:16 PM
Does the car still have any signs of life/drive?

At present, the battery is totally fooking dead, as my missus had the stereo on whilst being towed...........for 130miles..........:roll:

Lee
06-01-08, 05:21 PM
Can I just make it clear i've been nowhere near this car at all lol

I doubt its blown a hole in the block, as unless it splits the bottom open and ruptures the sump, you'll be surprised how much oil stays in an engine thats exploded. Much the same as a headgasket, i doubt it would lose much from there either.

Id guess shes whacked the sump, or the sump has split for no reason. To lose ALL the oil is damn good going UNLESS there was feck all in it in the first place lol Does it run an oil cooler? Might have split an oil pipe possibly?

Keeps us informed when you check it over properly, im intreugued :)

Mike
06-01-08, 05:29 PM
^ as far as i know Lee, they have no oil cooler at all?

Just been out in the dark, ran my hand across the sump, theres **** all there. I cant smell gearbox oil, and couldnt feel any leaky gearoil on the base of the box. BUT, if reached down the back of the engine to feel where the head meets the block theres some nasty as fook oily sludgy black gunky **** there lol

Riggy
06-01-08, 05:46 PM
it will prob be the sump , they rot through like **** lol ,

ive got to do 2 for friends this week lol

paddy138
06-01-08, 05:48 PM
what about a frost plug, if it blew one out, but would that cause that much spillage

Mikey_J
06-01-08, 06:16 PM
it will prob be the sump , they rot through like **** lol

Too true.... I replaced 1 on mine lol

Mike
13-01-08, 02:20 PM
Right then, finally got around to checking out this fcuking FIAT POS lol

Had to use my mega booster pack (Cav 2.0 8v) to start it, got it running, just above the oil filter theres a curved section o the block, and what looks like a hole for a grub screw, with no grub screw in but smoke/steam pishing out when the engines running?

Removed one plug with the engine off, its fecking bladdered in oil! And with the engine off, theres some reet funkay noises and it sounds like the contents of the rad are flooding into the combustion area as oppose to back into the expansion tank!

Verdict - cracked head and/or fcuked valve seals me thinks.

Anyone else have any ideas?

staggy_gsi
13-01-08, 02:28 PM
the sumps on old punto's are known for rusting through, i must have changed at least half a dozen in the past maybe two years. they just rust an go porous

Mike
13-01-08, 02:31 PM
the sumps on old punto's are known for rusting through, i must have changed at least half a dozen in the past maybe two years. they just rust an go porous

lol without being rude, i know lol its already been checked & TBH the sump pan looks quite new anyway :D

hendrix
14-01-08, 09:50 PM
I had a fiat once.....twice actually lol. was ok the first time, sh*t the second time. I know that doesnt help lol

mowgli
14-01-08, 10:15 PM
get an auto trader & look for a s/h engine