PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

CoolTiger
06-01-08, 11:48 AM
right im wiring up my alarm and my sisters boyfriend is helping hes fitted it to his car before and we cant figure out which two cables going to the hazzard botton are the ones to flash the indicators would some one please tell me which two it is thankyou

ad

Iain
06-01-08, 11:53 AM
I know I'm not directly answering your question, but you can use the wires coming from the indicator stalk in order to flash the indicators.

CoolTiger
06-01-08, 02:49 PM
just sorted it we had the right wires in the first place but one of the fuses had blown and we didnt think to check lol another problem tho wiring up my sub and amp and the amp led hasnt come on or anything and all the connections are correct and i have checked the fuse in the amp and its fine

Jack
06-01-08, 03:34 PM
Is the earth for the amp a good 'un?

CoolTiger
06-01-08, 03:43 PM
yep earthed good, me dads got it apart atm looking at it, in the book it says it should have a 12v output on the "REM" connector but it doesnt read anything :( no led on at all to say its connected right or not

Lee
06-01-08, 03:53 PM
I take it youve wired up the blue switched live lead from the headunit?

CoolTiger
06-01-08, 04:05 PM
i followed the diagram and that but the only thing going to he head unit is the rga? cables

Lee
06-01-08, 04:11 PM
There should be a blue lead coming from the back of the headunit which switches the Amp on and off when you switch the headunit on and off.

There will be an terminal on the amp marked 'remote' or 'power' or something similar iirc.

Jack
06-01-08, 04:15 PM
yep earthed good, me dads got it apart atm looking at it, in the book it says it should have a 12v output on the "REM" connector but it doesnt read anything :( no led on at all to say its connected right or not
That'll probably be the remote connector then

As lee said, you need a cable from the Auxiliary/Amp out on the head unit to the amp, so the amp knows when to turn on.

What amp is it?

NOVA_LEE
06-01-08, 04:17 PM
i had this problem i had the remote wire on but it still didnt work so i had to connect another wire to a connector on the amp to make a complete circit but then i couldnt turn it off, id go out an look what wire it is but it got robbed the other week lol

CoolTiger
06-01-08, 04:20 PM
That'll probably be the remote connector then

As lee said, you need a cable from the Auxiliary/Amp out on the head unit to the amp, so the amp knows when to turn on.

What amp is it?
lol wish i read this sooner me and me dad just worked it out we put a home made switch in and it worked :) its a kicker x1120 or something like that not too sure on the numbers tell ya in abit after i fitted it

the remote thingy baffled me so i shoved a home made switch between power in and the rem connector and it worked thanks for all you help guys !! thankyou very much :)