PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 suspension setup

Steve
05-01-08, 06:16 PM
Right im in the process of getting a set of yellow bilstein shocks for my 2.0 8v, im going to get new custom springs for it but was wondering what poundage to go for?

Some people have said 260/280/300lb spings for the front, whats best? and what are the poundage of my g-max springs that ive got now, they're for a 1.2 just want to see what the diffrence is for the 2.0s

Also does anyone bother uprating the rear springs or just use 'normal' springs?

Steve
06-01-08, 03:03 AM
anyone??

sr jack
06-01-08, 03:12 AM
i would of said g-max are two soft anyway

Dar
06-01-08, 10:44 AM
Most of the track cars run 300lb fronts so I would say that 275lb springs for a road car would be about right. It's just a guess though.

From experiance the bilstein sprintline kit springs are usable on a 2l, but they are too soft. If you are getting them from bilstein mention that the car is around 40kg heavier on the front than a standard car. So could they put in some stiffer springs.

If not then you could just ring up Courtneay and get some of their 2l front springs. Chris runs these and they seem just about perfect.

chris gsi
06-01-08, 11:24 AM
the Courtneay bilstein kit is very good when my car was on the road i could not fault it even on track it works well. but now its just for track i saving for some coilovers

Steve
06-01-08, 11:28 AM
Im getting them second hand and was looking to change the springs anyway, people have said the yellow shocks are the ones to go for, so I take it you mean the springs are too soft?

Any idea what poundage the courtenay springs are?

*EDIT* also, is it worth getting all 4 courtenay springs or just the fronts?

Steve
13-01-08, 11:06 PM
Is it worth getting all 4 courtenay springs or just the fronts?

Chris, as I havent heard back for the seller about these bilstein's, are you selling yours?