PDA

View Full Version : little advice would go along way !

boyle_46
05-01-08, 05:47 PM
Alright there troops as you may or may not know my car was hitt by a van shes all mended up and back in shape :) , but whilst my car is up at the farm i was wondering if i could put a ciruit breaker into my hazzard system , as i know what thieving little B*****s can do with it , ive a little toggle switch ive found in my garage and was wondering is it possible to wire it ( realativly easy ) and relocate it to only a place i would know about ? has anyone else done this and whats the best way to go about it ? over and out .

14nova
05-01-08, 05:51 PM
disconnet fuel lines and take of the dizzy cap and leads, take out battery. even disconnent the wires from the fuel pump. things like that so they can start it

NOVA_LEE
ya mean like a kill switch?

me nova has been broken into twice an i still aint got round to it,

i think its the green wire to the coil ya can put a switch on an the cant wont start with the switch turned off,

i just pull the wire from the coil to the engine an it wont start, sounds like its gonna but it wont, or just take out the rotary arm thingy from under the dizzy cap

Martin
use a mk1 hazzard switch

Lee
05-01-08, 05:53 PM
Best way is to follow the switched live back from the barrell, into the main loom. Pick a point well back you cant get at with the dash in place, and cut into the cable. Join both ends to some new wire, and run both ends to a place of your choice, well hidden (under the seat, or behind the ash tray, or anywhere else, even the boot) and put a switch between them.

Make sure the new wire is wrapped back up into the loom so its not identifiable, and that will render the car un-hotwireable with the switch open :)

gunny
05-01-08, 05:54 PM
black wire to the coil mate, green is the rev counter, put a switch on that and they'll just think your clocks a fcuked as they tear off lol id say the easiest way is to dis-connect the fuel pump/take the king lead off or both and invest in a crook lock :thumb: less hassle and unless they've got a hiab your cars going nowhere

boyle_46
05-01-08, 06:11 PM
which is it lads ? i dont want to cock it up i think il take bts advice on it but is it black or green im going to mout it where the choke should be but under the ghey grey plastic cover hope that would be convient and dont have to faff about in the boot , rodger that over !

vaughanmc
05-01-08, 06:19 PM
I have a hidden kill switch in my Nova, not a hope in hell in moving the car unless they have a crane or unless they find the switch which is doubtful lol

NOVA_LEE
05-01-08, 06:22 PM
lol i knew it was one of the wires lol thank god you said it cos im puttin one on me new nova lol

gunny
05-01-08, 06:49 PM
BLACK WIRE PALL but personally id just disconnect the fuel pump

Lee
05-01-08, 06:49 PM
which is it lads ? i dont want to cock it up i think il take bts advice on it but is it black or green im going to mout it where the choke should be but under the ghey grey plastic cover hope that would be convient and dont have to faff about in the boot , rodger that over !

The coil feed is just as good (i was running dispack, so didnt have that option lol), just remember to follow the wire back deep into the loom inside the car. Thieves aint stupid and if they see a dodgy splice in the coil feed they'll put 2 and 2 together lol

If its an injection model you can do the same thing with the switched live to the ECU as well.