PDA

View Full Version : Now what!?

M17BLH
05-01-08, 05:14 PM
Right, havent been very lucky with my XE.

Ive changed the fuel pump and distributor pack today for new items, and she wont start, starter motor is trying (Battery is dead now)

So what now! was running fine last week bar the distributor pack! :confused:

Adam
05-01-08, 05:33 PM
Was it running before changing the dis pak then?

Can you hear the fuel pump buzzing?

M17BLH
05-01-08, 07:43 PM
Yeah was running fine, My mate Marshman on here came round in his 1.0 lol And towed me down the road, and with a bit of 3rd gear persuasion she started, ran on two cylinders for 30 seconds and then ran fine, and seems to be ok now!

Well....til tomorrow! :roll:

My mates coming over to have a look, and within the next week he will be doing the driveshafts, cambelt, waterpump, and oil pump. Then hopefully have a full respray before summer :D

Lee
05-01-08, 07:47 PM
I remember your last thread. I rekon youve got some dodgy wiring in the engine loom. If all else fails, id get another one, complete with a crank sensor.

let_nova
05-01-08, 07:47 PM
sorry to hijack but do can the timing belt be changed while the engine is in? in a xe nova

Lee
05-01-08, 07:49 PM
Yep, but its a ballache :)

M17BLH
05-01-08, 07:54 PM
I remember your last thread. I rekon youve got some dodgy wiring in the engine loom. If all else fails, id get another one, complete with a crank sensor.

Sorry mate another what? lol

And my mate said about the crank sensor, so we shall see next week. It was running fine when I first got it, and then a few days later the problems kicked in :(

Lee
05-01-08, 07:55 PM
Another loom lol. Yeah, check the crank sensor first, if its getting a dodgy reading from it, it wont know when to spark lol

M17BLH
05-01-08, 07:56 PM
Oh! :cry:

Not good. Lets hope its ok! or just the sensor!