PDA

View Full Version : throttle bodies ??

abbott
05-01-08, 12:54 PM
Hiya sorry for the newbie post but im very interested to know the crack with throttlebodies on a 2.0 xe engine , what kind of power this kind of engine is going to put out and any info that may be relevant ??

is it an expensive conversion to do (i know the xe bit is easy but i mean for a proper throttle body setup) thankyou please in advance for any help .... :thumb:

Dar
05-01-08, 01:33 PM
Putting Throttle Bodies on is easy. Setting them up is easy, but you will need a syncrometer (about ?35) and a laptop.

I run tapered throttle bodies from SBD. They will sell you a kit that contains everything you need to put TB's on the engine and get it running. They also have a nice instruction sheet (http://www.sbdev.co.uk/Info_sheets/Multi_Throttles/2.0L%20Multi_throttle_Kit_Fitting_Instructions.htm ) to help.

If you want to know what a standard XE with these TB's on goes like, checkout my car (the red one) at www.banzaiundersteer.co.uk (http://www.banzaiundersteer.co.uk). I put in a straight cut box at the start of 2007 so you may want to look at vids pre 2007.

Expect to pay ?2000+ for the kit and filters. They have a price list on the SBD site. I would also advise getting the better FPR as well, it mounts on the fuel rail and just works without you having to mess around with it.

As for power mine produced 147bhp/atw @6,000rpm when I had it put on the rollers for fun. I don't know if it peaked at that rpm because the graph ended therelolIt was also not setup 100% at the time either. Thats on the base map that you get. If you set it up properly and get it mapped you will get better figures:thumb:

Hope this answers some of your questions.

abbott
05-01-08, 01:55 PM
thankyou very much thats answered a lot of what i was looking for !

scampy aka j
05-01-08, 02:49 PM
alot of power if you also put a fair few mods into the engine

abbott
05-01-08, 03:10 PM
Well ive just gone from a 300bhp scooby to an R33 skyline GTS and my last was a Honda Integra type R , but i have always always spoke about getting another nova (used to have an SRI 8 years ago) so now im on the hunt for a mint example , just fancy throttle bodies as its something i have never ever experienced .....

Vauxhall-Scotland
05-01-08, 11:59 PM
Nice choice to go for mr abbott :thumb:

abbott
07-01-08, 12:33 AM
Nice choice to go for mr abbott :thumb:

hahahahaha i was thinking of going for a different username to keep it hush but i would be guaranteed to forget my login .. so keithy my old mucker you know yourself "the word on the streets is shhhhhhhhhhhh !! "

and by the way your vast mechanical knowledge will be required ..... thanks in advance