PDA

View Full Version : c16xe conversion problems!?!

andy_017
04-01-08, 07:02 PM
Over the last couple of months i've had my 1.2 k reg nova converted with a c16xe engine, the engine is in and everything is ok with it, except, Whenever you put your foot down and hold it im gear for quite a while or you have been on the motorway, when you come to a stop and put the clutch in the revs drop too low and it cuts out, even if it is just idling and you rev it quite high the revs come back down and sometimes it cuts out but not all the time. The lad that did it for me put a new inlet manifold on as the old one is cracked but this has not rectified the problem, any help would be much appreciated?!?:confused:

Cheers

alan b
05-01-08, 12:47 PM
the inlet was craked? id say either the throttle body is gunked up, very common problem on that engine, just take it of and clean it up with some petrol or whatever and a tooth brush, or it could be the icv? idle control valve?

andy_017
05-01-08, 03:02 PM
well i didnt do the conversion myself a bloke did it locally for me, he said that the inlet had been glued together at some point in its life and must have been coming away because it comes in two parts!

I've just also noticed that the lambda probe isnt connected to anything either the wire is just dangling off it,would this affect things? and when its idling if you've been driving it for a while the revs will go up and down when it is idling and the engine will visibly shudder!?!

Adam
05-01-08, 03:35 PM
I'll put a tenner on the vehicle speed sensor not being wired up.

andy_017
05-01-08, 08:10 PM
whats the vehicle speed sensor long live?

is there any way of looking to see whether it actually is wired up or not i.e what would i be looking for?

Adam
05-01-08, 08:11 PM
On the top of the gearbox, under the speedo cable.
There needs be a three wire speed sender.
It needs wiring up to the c16 ecu.

Else the engine keeps cutting out.

andy_017
05-01-08, 08:35 PM
thanks for the advice i'll check that in the morning:thumb:

would that also cause the tickover to be lumpy and is it important that the lambda sensor isnt wired in?

Adam
05-01-08, 08:40 PM
Lambda could cause a lumpy warm idle.
Shouldn't affect cold idle tho.