PDA

View Full Version : show cages

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 01:47 PM
i want a bolt in show cage but havent the fogiest were to get them from and good companys? also i dont really wana strip the whole car out to get it in i want the rear seats left in? (if possible) what do people have? pics please... :thumb:

Stuart
03-01-08, 01:51 PM
DIY store Waste pipe covered in tin foil.....

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 01:55 PM
ive seen some omp show cages but dont want to get it of ebay if i can help it? any pics of them in cars?

Iain
03-01-08, 02:02 PM
try here (http://www.google.co.uk)

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 02:06 PM
haha fair does, lol i have tho and it takes me to some bebo nova crew thing and a ebay shop, shurly there must be a actual shop that do them?

abbott
03-01-08, 06:02 PM
i had a cussco full rollcage in my impreza it was an amazing fit , but i see you want a showcage as you say omp is what 1st sprung to mind but at the same time so did ebay and you dont want to buy from there , just a note cages put your insurance up by a fair bit believe it or not , i was shocked when i phoned my insurance and told them i slapped a rollcage in the WRX they were wanting an extra couple of ton !!

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 06:07 PM
thats the reason for it being a show cage so i can remove it afta the show lol and i spose ebay isnt that bad i just dont trust people easy lol

Lee
03-01-08, 06:07 PM
If you must have a shiney roll cage, i would recoommend a steel cage which is either chromed or painted.

If you rolled the car with an aluminium cage in it, it could do you more harm than good, especially as most are joined in the middle of the main hoop.

And a cage with the rear seats still in it could badly injure your passengers as well.

abbott
03-01-08, 06:14 PM
thats the reason for it being a show cage so i can remove it afta the show lol and i spose ebay isnt that bad i just dont trust people easy lol

i REFUSE to use ebay unless the person takes paypal your pretty much safe paying by that ........:thumb:

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 06:15 PM
i dont plan on drivin on the public roads with it as i wont be insured with it in, i just want it for pics and the shows, somethink that looks good it doesnt have to function.

Iain
03-01-08, 06:19 PM
You trailer your car to and from shows?

stevie1
03-01-08, 06:23 PM
try fusion fabrications.this is the i got that was made by them.
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii63/STB_69/s5030039_small.jpg

General Baxter
03-01-08, 06:27 PM
^^^^ i made one with bog roll tubes and tape, that looked stronger and better quality then that lol

Lee
03-01-08, 06:31 PM
PMSL

As I said, nice join in the main hoop, ready to split your skull in half when it shears off in a roll lol

stevie1
03-01-08, 06:31 PM
lol lol .i thought i had a bargain at ?90.:D

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 06:41 PM
yer thats a death trap mate id get rid of it soon as!!! ?80?? lol

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 06:46 PM
im not going to be rallying or racing this car in any way, shape or form! hopefully there will be no skull splitting involved just a simple bolt in cage that i can unbolt at the end of the weekend and drive back. as i dont want it in every day i just want it for shows to give it that extra somethink? baxter i think we shall have a cage making contest, blue peter style lol

R1CH
03-01-08, 07:07 PM
If your not planning on driving with the cage in how you planning on getting it to the show so you can bolt it in your car ? Trailor ?

Iain
03-01-08, 07:15 PM
Apparently he'll be unbolting the cage at the end of the show and then driving back. Maybe put it on a roof rack?

General Baxter
03-01-08, 07:17 PM
If your not planning on driving with the cage in how you planning on getting it to the show so you can bolt it in your car ? Trailor ?

owned lol

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 07:19 PM
yer in the boot of a 2nd car as ill only have 2 seats in my car and will want to bring some mates as i dont really know any of you lot lol (2nd car not in show, will simply be used to get stuff there)

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 07:20 PM
owned?? my english is not the greatest so i find it hard to explain myself sometimes lol but i think i got there in the end.

R1CH
03-01-08, 07:31 PM
Sounds like a ball ache to me, plus you'll have to remove your front seat(s) to get the cage in, take it you've got an Estate car as the 2nd car so you can put the cage in the boot (tied down) ?
Have you found out how much extra it would be on your policy to have a bolt in rear cage ??

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 11:23 PM
im just going to fcuk it off tbh sounds like to much hassle, ill ask my insurers tho cheers lads

db_1.2
03-01-08, 11:51 PM
Sounds like a ball ache to me, plus you'll have to remove your front seat(s) to get the cage in, take it you've got an Estate car as the 2nd car so you can put the cage in the boot (tied down) ?
Have you found out how much extra it would be on your policy to have a bolt in rear cage ??

Apparently it cost nothing extra! Well someone put a thread up here ages ago with a qoute and there was no extra cost, ill try and find it:thumb:

abbott
04-01-08, 12:04 AM
Apparently it cost nothing extra! Well someone put a thread up here ages ago with a qoute and there was no extra cost, ill try and find it:thumb:

suppose it depends who your insured with , i know my scooby was a fair whack extra for the cage fitted but admittedly that was a full cage ,,,:wtf:

db_1.2
04-01-08, 12:09 AM
Ah fair enough, i cant seem to find it anyway, it was such a long time ago, the reason it was posted is because it was hard to believe it didnt effect the insurance.

FUSION X16XE
04-01-08, 12:11 AM
sweet, well ill ask them tomorow and post it up, may not be anymore just for a show cage.

db_1.2
04-01-08, 12:11 AM
Just dont drive like a pianist anyway and you wont roll your car, simple, should only need one for motorsport really, although they do give the car that extra bit of aggression, but i seen show cages and i never really been keen.

abbott
04-01-08, 12:16 AM
Just dont drive like a pianist anyway and you wont roll your car, .

doesnt work like that stick a cage in your car and your balls double in size !! :D

FUSION X16XE
04-01-08, 12:17 AM
im not planning to roll it lol i keep saying that i just want it for the look.

R1CH
04-01-08, 12:33 AM
im not planning to roll it lol i keep saying that i just want it for the look.

Don't think anyone plans on rolling there cars ... plus what if some crashes into you and you've got this poorly fixed down 'show cage' thats gonna split in two on impact ... i wouldn't want bits of steel flying around inside my car !

williams
04-01-08, 01:41 AM
its stupid that they charge you more to have a safer car to drive in.

abbott
04-01-08, 03:12 AM
its stupid that they charge you more to have a safer car to drive in.

in a way yes but alternatively and also from there point of view , why cage it if your not gonna rag it !! :roll:

williams
04-01-08, 12:37 PM
cage is for safety on track :P

Lee
04-01-08, 12:42 PM
IMO a cage does two things. Protects you and adds rigidity to the chassis.

An aluminium show cage does none of these things, all it does is look pretty.

As much as a steel cage is safer than an ally one, i still wouldnt want to smack my skull on one in an accident!

Iain
04-01-08, 12:45 PM

That was me, using the HIC online quotation system. They're good about most mods and adding a rollcage to the quote didn't raise the premium in that situation.

leesri
06-01-08, 09:54 PM
try MPS performance, they tailor make show cages, mine was extra thick tubing for ?200!

It doesn't have that awful join in the middle either and looks the part!

you can choose how many diagonals or can leave them out if u want