PDA

View Full Version : Engelmann mirrors..

Saloony
02-01-08, 09:06 PM
Just treated my self to a set. So i need a little help in the way of base plates, what to use? Or, what to make?

Nick J
02-01-08, 09:26 PM
Hey fella, When I got mine I was asking the same question...... People said use the nova inner mirror blanking plates etc but I didnt like the sound of that however they are somewhat similar to the correct size and shape you need etc so we used them as a template and cut some aluminium to that size then just trimmed them down to suit until they were a perfect fit inside the mirror triangular pieces that sit behind the mirrors as standard (possibly sr spec upwards only tho? unsure on saloons) once you have some sort of plates made up you can fit the mirrors very quickly, Nick.

Novasport
02-01-08, 09:35 PM
Just buy passenger mirror outer blanking plates for RHD & LHD Novas/Corsa A's. Try a decent dealer or Steve(Duick) off here.

Saloony
02-01-08, 09:40 PM
Cheers guys.. Ill have a wee think on both ideas.

If i were to go Nj's route i would get my mate Clive to make some stainless plates for me. Might look cool.

Saloony
02-01-08, 09:54 PM
What about positioning?? Any pics of them on a nova, or do they almost fit in one place anyway?

Saloony
03-01-08, 08:57 PM
Anyone?

Novasport
03-01-08, 09:14 PM
They mount toward the bottom of the triangular section.
Or you could go Manta stylee and mount them on the door panel

leesri
06-01-08, 09:58 PM
I just used trial and error. the poverty spec novas in a scrappy without the adjuster holes are more rigid and you don't need to do much cutting.

Only problem is screws on the outside.

mayhem
07-01-08, 04:47 PM
on the door!! looks so much better.

hybridturbo
07-01-08, 08:02 PM
I made some carbon ones using the inner covers then trimmed them down to size

Mind you wont be able to see a bloody thing when there fitted lol

GDN16v
08-01-08, 02:13 PM
Im busy making base plates for mine! Using an old nova gsi dash shelf for the black plastic as its quite thick to make the mount plates!:D

raymond
08-01-08, 05:10 PM
looks like a few of these are going to turn up lol

just got some myself ordered the back plates of steve not that they will be on my car long round here with all the theiving ****s

now try and find a button to open the door on them as im struggling:confused:

ps ive no door handles