PDA

View Full Version : My TD is still Playing up!!

Mucker_TD
02-01-08, 02:57 PM
Hello again guys, i sourced the problem with the fuel draining back overnight, but the trouble didnt stop there.

I now go 2 start it in the morning and i find myself sat there for at least 2 minutes either until it eventually starts or the battery dies.

Symptoms are:

Theres fuel there 100%
All 4 glow plugs are working correctly
Injectors are working fine
Relay 4 glowplugs are working

Once started, throughout the day it starts on the button:tard:

Any ideas, much appreciated.

craig green
02-01-08, 03:01 PM
Sounds like the glow plugs have had it. Try double heating cycles before turning it over when cold.

Mucker_TD
02-01-08, 03:55 PM
Sounds like the glow plugs have had it. Try double heating cycles before turning it over when cold.

Nope, glow plugs are fine, checked they are working correctly which they are. and ive tried thet double heating method aswell, they are the 11v glow plugs, are these the correct ones for the 1.5 Izusu Turbo diesel lump?

General Baxter
02-01-08, 05:00 PM
do you have any mod on the engine, you checked your cold start on the fuel pump?

do you run bio ? leave car out over night? how cold has it been getting?

Mucker_TD
02-01-08, 07:13 PM
do you have any mod on the engine, you checked your cold start on the fuel pump?

do you run bio ? leave car out over night? how cold has it been getting?

Nope, no mods on the engine at all.Totally forgotten about the col start on the fuel pump. how do you check that?

No,i dont run bio, yes the car is left outside overnight and lately it hasnt been very cold.