PDA

View Full Version : Replacing OEM exhaust with performance system

GTE TURBZ
01-01-08, 02:01 PM
Hi peeps happy new year hope you all had a great bang to the new year last night!!!, got a question, i was just wondering if the fuel consumption has been effected when the original exhaust has been replaced with a full performance system in your experiences, i heard alot of mixed advice. The car is a standard nova gte.

Also are kwik fit and places like that or anyone on here been able to get hold of the original gte exhaust i.e. the one with the oval black tail pipe that came with the car originally. when i enquired last they could only get hold of a copy of the exhaust as its NLS which came with a standand stainless steel round tail pipe.

Appreicate the responses.:)

Ste L
01-01-08, 03:07 PM
doubt you'll be able to get an orginal one now...

just get a stainless one made up to look the same :)

and now, an performance exhaust wont effect mpg, unless drive it harder to listen to the new sound track

GTE TURBZ
04-01-08, 12:41 PM
anymore comments please?:roll:

GDN16v
04-01-08, 04:38 PM
They dont use any more petrol than a standard one, and will give a small bhp gain and better throttle response!

There was a brand new gte back box on ebay but you'd be better off putting a full stainless steel system on like a magnex or something!!:thumb:

GTE TURBZ
07-01-08, 03:19 PM
Thanks for the advice peeps