PDA

View Full Version : I PLEA for your help!

Nova1.6
10-07-02, 06:17 PM
That woman's insurance company has written my car off, I need to know what to do next, I've heard not to accept the first offer they give me for the value of the car coz they always try it on. Is there anyway I can sue or claim for the inconvenience she's causing me, I cant see that it was all her fault and I've got pay outta my own pocket to fix my car. It's just so unfair. Please help me in anyway you can, i need to know what to do!
Neil
P.S
Has anyone got a realistic value for a 1.2i Luxe plus J-reg 1992?

Nova1.6
10-07-02, 07:10 PM
PLERASE HELP ME!!!!

Nova1.6
10-07-02, 07:12 PM
PLERASE HELP ME!!!!

Nova1.6
10-07-02, 07:12 PM
PLERASE HELP ME!!!!

?Marty?
11-07-02, 01:52 AM
You can claim all reasonable losses that are a direct result, such as alternative/temporary transport and etc. Do you have legal cover with your insurance?

If you replaced the car with the closest available replacement (ie same make/model, mileage, condition and etc) but it costs slightly more than the one that's written off, you can even recover this difference.

You're best off talking to a solicitor as by law you have a right to damages that place you in the position you were in before the civil tort took place (your car being damaged). However there are various limitations and etc. As you would not be granted damages for this if it would be inequitable to do so.

ie if it would cost far more money to repair your car to the condition it was in before the accident, instead of replacing it with the closest available replacement.

Do not accept any unreasonable offers from the insurance company. Tell them you'll seek personal damages due to negligence if you are not offered adequate compansation. You'll need to show them proof of how much the closest thing to an identical replacement of your car would actually cost (cut-outs from auto-trader and etc, parkers price guide) and also to show what condition your car was in before the civil wrong took place.

Ste_Nova
11-07-02, 09:21 AM
yup accept the 2nd offer....

don't what ever you do hand over the car/v5/keys/mot or anything.... advise the co that you want to keep the car

have you got any pics of the damage yet?

Nova1.6
11-07-02, 10:27 AM
yeah ive got sh!t loads of pics of the car before the damage and i tookm loads yesterday before the assesor came round. I am so annoyed with that stupid old woman, any idea what would be a good offer for the car, i mean is it 100 or more like 500 or 800, i havent a clue!
Neil

ade
12-07-02, 12:32 AM
what make was it? If its written off, depending on the damage, u can buy it back from the insurance comapny for peanuts and then get it fixed yerself (depending on damage some body shops will do basic road safety repairs, the rest u can do).
As for replacement - it all depends on what car u had, condition etc. If lowish mileage, no major mods on a 1.2 mk 2 (say J reg) u could look anywhere between ?500 to ?1200. If you get 2 keep yer own car - simply transplant the old cars bit to the new one. Claim back costs through insurance/solicitors in civil claim (small claims courts). Her insurance company though should cover the cost of the car as part of the write off (go for 2nd claim based on market value + declared mods on top). M8 of mine at a 1600 16v metro GT got written off for a broken headlight and dented bonnet! Got ?600 for it (mint condition too) - they let him keep it, he fixed it for ?150 (did it himself) including respray of parts, reregisterred it as a Q plate (which is write offs, kit cars and drug dealers coz they all drive Q plates (where I'm from they do neyway!)) and then sold it for ?1000 - bought a new shape clio. :D

Nova1.6
12-07-02, 07:57 PM
got a quote of value of the car ?920, im not gonna acept it tho, gonna ask for another valuation, hopefully get near 1200 which is what i paid for the car, just tinted me windows, right side is wicked, left sides a bit fvcked, oh well!
Neil

d0gz_bollox
18-07-02, 12:14 PM
your car is writen off and you've just tinted your windows?

plonka.

Nova1.6
18-07-02, 12:59 PM
lol yeah, dont ask y, i brought tints last saturday, i was on way hjome to fit em wen lady shafted me up backside, i had em sitting in boot so i decided to fit em, im gonna get em done properly anyway, i can still drive car and it looks fine from sides so i did me windows, looks good aswell!
Neil