PDA

View Full Version : Andy T

Anonymous
26-10-00, 02:38 PM
What Type of rallying do you do? What have you done to the car? and how did you get in to it? You seem to know alot abou it. Cheers Paul.

Anonymous
27-10-00, 09:19 AM
Hi there, We (My brother and I) do stage rallying. We went to see a local rally one wet autumn day (sept '94) and after watching a few cars spin, crash etc my brother turned to me and said "I can do better than that" So knowing were there was a written off nova, we decided to build a car.

After we built the car then we joined the local motor club, then you can apply for a comp license and the fun starts.

The car, is a 84ish shell, seam welded, multi point cage, Astra GTE brakes all round, Bilstein suspension, quaife gearkit, ap differential, 1400 8 valve fuel injected engine, the mods go on and on. You haven't asked the most important question, how much. Initialy we just wanted to have some fun and decided to spend about ?3K on the car, it cost ?6K. In 6 years we've spent ?30k. Was it worth it? most of the time. This year we are british formula 1400 champions and now the car is for sale to finance a new project (?6K buys the car, spares and about 20 alloy wheels, tyres etc).

Believe me, it beats charging around the public roads.

There is also some info on our web site www.aarp.freeserve.co.uk

You can email me at andy@plays-kool.co.uk if you want to know more.

Anonymous
27-10-00, 11:30 AM
Andy , that car sounds like a serious piece of kit. Which club are you in(Ilkley?). I am asking because I live in Otley and would like to get more in to motorsport maybe autotests, sprints and hillclimbs. Cheers Paul.

Anonymous
27-10-00, 12:55 PM
Wakefield and district. But you wont find me there very often, i'm usually in the workshop earning money.