PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needs some help and advice

Thundersmurf
31-12-07, 06:27 PM
Right, I know nothing about Nova's, having had minis for most of my driving career, so please forgive the dumb questons.

My car is a 1989 5 door 1.2 merit in white. 58K, and a bit tatty.

I want some ideas of what can/can't and should/shoudln't be done with her.

For example - I realised that the doors, wings etc from a 2 door won't fit but what about bumpers, bonnet, tailgate etc??

Also will things like a mk2 bumpers and dash fit my mk1?

I want to try and update the car a little, and I'm not afraid of trying the work myself, give me some cool ideas and some guides please folks

Thanx

NovaLad
31-12-07, 06:28 PM
Don't know much about them TBH but i know you can't fir GSi skirts onto them.

Riggy
31-12-07, 06:34 PM
as said the doors wont fit , wings will fit but they wont hace the round arch like the rears will have , bonnet and tailgate will fit aswell , so will mk2 dash with a little re-wireing

NovaLad
31-12-07, 06:36 PM
You would prob be better off getting a 3 door and selling the 5 door TBH. Would save you alot of hassle IMO.

Thundersmurf
31-12-07, 06:42 PM
yeah I know - I'm considering that tbh - maybe I should just try to get this one back to orginal spec with no mods?

NovaLad
31-12-07, 06:44 PM
Theirs a guy aroudn the corner from me with a standard white 3 door in good con but i don't think it for sale cos i allways see him going work in it.

saloonwoody
01-01-08, 08:20 AM
Theirs a guy aroudn the corner from me with a standard white 3 door in good con but i don't think it for sale cos i allways see him going work in it.

thats like sayin theres a guy with two good legs but i dont think you can have them cos he keeps usin them lol