PDA

View Full Version : making back seats

Jamienova
31-12-07, 02:43 PM
ive come up with an idea!:confused: maybe not a good one but still

wen i get my nova the backseats are already taken out,i do get the backseats aswell but rather than putting those back in i'd rather be different and make my own!

is these any regulations i need to no for this build to be legal or pass the mot? apart from the fact i will need seat belts!

i was thinking maybe missing out the middle seat because of the fact that im doing a boot build aswell and could use that space aswell as the rest of the boot!

has anybody ever tried this before?

L33 LEG
31-12-07, 02:55 PM
if you're unsure just take the seats and belts out for the mot and put them back in afterwards.

would have to be one hell of a mad install tho to pull it off well, imo.

Jamienova
31-12-07, 02:59 PM
well gunna try my best mate and see what happens! yer good point about taking the belts out but i will be making the seats with the install.....connected together so wouldn't be able to take seats out but ill think of something for that! anothe thing what does imo mean?

Iain
31-12-07, 03:33 PM
IMO = In My Opinion

Saloony
31-12-07, 04:06 PM
As long as seats fitted have a seat belt to that seat you'll be okay fella. Theres not alot else to say really.

Jamienova
31-12-07, 04:11 PM
:thumb:ok thts all i wanted to no rly an to explain my idea

Novasport
01-01-08, 02:24 PM
Modify another rear seat to fit, like a vectra or astra one with a rear armrest.
You could mount a sub behind the ski hatch.