PDA

View Full Version : anyone bought these coilovers?

BIGS
30-12-07, 06:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Coilover-Suspension-Kit-Vauxhall-Corsa-B-Nova_W0QQitemZ310011343804QQihZ021QQcategoryZ40192 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone bought these off this guy on ebay? Ive bought a set havent put them on the car yet tho and wonderd if anyone else has and what do you think of them. But the main thing is in the listing it says it comes with and i qoute ( aluminum pillow mounts ) and look up what these are and it didnt come with them. Did anyone else have this problem. He said he would send them but he has said this twice now so know he saying it to try and keep me happy

James P
30-12-07, 06:25 PM
my mate brought some like that. they were alright but when he had his car really low it scraped alot. because the springs aint very stiff. you can get better makes for cheaper or same price. buy some second hand spax or something.

James P
30-12-07, 06:27 PM
you also dont want aluminium pillow (top) mounts because aluminium cracks easily

BIGS
30-12-07, 06:28 PM
well its more the fact that if he said they come with and they havent its false advertising. and i want what i payied for if you get me

scampy aka j
30-12-07, 07:34 PM
you prob were beter of geting g-max colilovers !!!

BIGS
30-12-07, 07:38 PM
well probley but i seen them and they were cheep so i bought them.

Will F
30-12-07, 10:59 PM
You get what you pay for at the end of the day unfortunately.

A load of tosh

peester
30-12-07, 11:58 PM
ah.. so u have a Jetsound 3000 sub and amp in car runnin off a pye dvd headunit and legacy door speakers. Go home and watch ur 'hi def ready' itsuami tv... or summat..
jus messin.. get the idea tho.
Ide say if you have to, ur hard up or impatient etc.. then only for a show car.. limited mileage, good weather only etc etc and where ude buy coilover suspension just for the sake of big ride height drops then may be worth a try..
everyday, rain or shine, speedhumps potholes.. best not..

BIGS
31-12-07, 12:22 AM
ah.. so u have a Jetsound 3000 sub and amp in car runnin off a pye dvd headunit and legacy door speakers. Go home and watch ur 'hi def ready' itsuami tv... or summat..
jus messin.. get the idea tho.
Ide say if you have to, ur hard up or impatient etc.. then only for a show car.. limited mileage, good weather only etc etc and where ude buy coilover suspension just for the sake of big ride height drops then may be worth a try..
everyday, rain or shine, speedhumps potholes.. best not..

Well its only for my saloon, Got these as they lower the car to 120mm and thats what i wanted, And being a tuv approved and a germany make thought they might be worth buying for the sake off 200 pounds. But just the fact they said it came with these things but yet they dont send them. If they said on the listing it dont come with the mount's i wouldnt complaine.

R1CH
31-12-07, 12:50 AM
you also dont want aluminium pillow (top) mounts because aluminium cracks easily

If 'Pillow' mounts are Top mounts then that ^^^ quote is balls !!!!

No shock / coilover set up comes with Top Mounts, you'll have to use your origional ones.
BTW, Alloy Top Mounts are the best part of ?120 !!

BIGS
31-12-07, 12:55 AM
well what the hell are they on about then with these pillow ball mounts then

R1CH
31-12-07, 01:05 AM
No idea !! lol

Your just gonna have to fit your std top mounts off your old shocks, which 'can be' a pain in the ar*se with coilovers.

craig green
31-12-07, 12:13 PM
They look gash - no offence.

Firstly I'd want a picture of Nova coil overs in the ebay advert if I were to buy a set.

You just cant trust cheap suspension to be any good IMO.

Lee H
31-12-07, 01:23 PM
Think i'd rather fit a set of G Max shocks and springs and spend the rest on beer!!

Seriously though, you get what you pay for, i've had so many sets of suspension and just wish i'd done it right in the first place.

BIGS
31-12-07, 02:32 PM
They look gash - no offence.

Firstly I'd want a picture of Nova coil overs in the ebay advert if I were to buy a set.

You just cant trust cheap suspension to be any good IMO.

well you havent even seen what the rears look like. to be fair the fronts do look and feel well made a few people have said that. but the rears lol just look v

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff314/b17ova/random/mycoilovers.jpg

craig green
31-12-07, 03:17 PM
Thats not uncommon. Its a typical rear shock, seperate spring combo with adjustable spring platforms.

I didnt know you could gauge the quality of a coilover set by handing it around for a feel?

Will F
31-12-07, 05:03 PM
Thats not uncommon. Its a typical rear shock, seperate spring combo with adjustable spring platforms.

I didnt know you could gauge the quality of a coilover set by handing it around for a feel?

You can if they are absolute garbage! lol

stoza2007
31-12-07, 05:32 PM
price sais it all mate