PDA

View Full Version : oil temp sensor

brucer
30-12-07, 01:47 PM
hi guys, rebuilding my gte engine and noticed that my oil temp sensor hasnt got a plug. went to another gte owner and his didnt have a plug on either.

are they used on the engine or am i missing the plug?? ive got some wires back there,very thin ones but not too sure if they are for that sensor.

any help??

sr jack
31-12-07, 02:05 AM
im not sure y u have no sender but make sure there is a tread in the block first then if there is gsi's have a sender but you could get a new one. and there should be two spare wires for the sender. oh beware some senders have one prong on them, you need one with two

R1CH
31-12-07, 11:52 AM
They don't have oil temp sensors on them !! unless its an after market one that someones fitted.
They do have an oil presure sensor tho, which is located at the back of the block down near the oil pump.

blacknovagsi
31-12-07, 08:36 PM
if the oil pressure sender is on the back of the gte engine, what does the one on the front do that is near the bellhousing for the gearbox. bolted in with a 10mm bolt and has 2 wires.

brucer
01-01-08, 01:47 PM
ive looked in my haynes manual.and the one at the rear of the block is a oil temp sensor

says that its linked in with the air temp sensor wiring.got a 2 pin plug on it.