PDA

View Full Version : 1.0 to xe please help

nick c
29-12-07, 09:51 PM
hi guys and girls,you probably here this all to often but im a bit stuck with this conversion.my nova is a 1.0 and ive got myself an xe from an astra gte,fitting the engine isnt really the problem as i will just use the chris astley kit but the wireing is the problem,i really dont know what needs to be connected,is there a step by step guide i can get?,and do i have to change the petrol tank and fuel lines,if so will the nova gsi tank be ok. thanks for any info, Nick.

stubs
29-12-07, 09:56 PM
Where abouts are you located? Maybe one of us could come and do it for you? If I am close I would do it FOC for you, well in return for a spin in the finished article actually... :D

nick c
29-12-07, 10:04 PM
that kind of you mate,im in hastings.

stubs
29-12-07, 10:11 PM
When are you looking to do this? Its a little too far for me to come until sometime after Jan... I'm living in Borehamwood, but due to work & fmaily commitments (and some travelling up home to Bolton), I'm pretty much bombed out until then.

If you are going to do it yourself, there isn't really much to it. You would need to fit the tank & pump, with the wiring to it. To connect the engine loom is only about 4 wires from what I recall.

nick c
29-12-07, 10:21 PM
i was planning to put the engine in mid january as im off work then,only 4 wires,i thought it was a lot more than that,do you happen to know what these wires are.

stubs
29-12-07, 11:01 PM
http://www.valvers.com/docs.php?h=822e53e24d9e1acb3e5be65d727c291b

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90080&highlight=fitting+guide

Should find the info you need in one of those...

nick c
29-12-07, 11:24 PM
nice one thanks for your help mate.

Sherco
30-12-07, 12:26 PM
To be honest mate, wiring the car is easier than fitting the actual engine. There?s only a small amount of wires and they are all similar if not the same colour wires, which join up with the nova wiring.

nick c
30-12-07, 03:38 PM
cheers mate,do you think its worth buying chassis plates,the ones that weld in place,if i dont fit them will something break.