PDA

View Full Version : New Back Box Problems

Spacemonkey
10-07-02, 09:40 AM
Hey i just bought a sportex backbox single 3" Hole for my 1.4i 1993 nova nd since fitting it the back box keeps hitting the passenger rear side spring, i can seen the wear and tear it has caused only after 2 days, has any came across this problem before?

The car is not lowered yet but im planning on lowering -40mm within the day

Ta

Ric 16v
10-07-02, 06:30 PM
I got the same backbox for my car and it's hitting on where the sparewheel sits, its only started since I had to take it off though !!!!

mowgli
10-07-02, 09:40 PM
Hi Have you heard of the Sale of Goods Act. It is a boring old fart type of thing, but it means that if the item that you bought does not fit where the vendor says it will, they have a legal duty to either make it fit, replace it with one that will fit, or give you a full refund.

Some of the performance gear on sale is not very good, and the makers have been getting away with it for far too long

By the way, did you get new mounting rubbers for it???
it is probably bigger and heavier than the original, so see if some rubbers off a Cavalier Diesel or similar will do the job

I'm off to get a new flat cap

Cheers Mowgli

Dicko
11-07-02, 12:07 AM
if youv had it off or fitted it urself u will find the centre section of ur exhaust has twisted slightley, which changes the angle that the backbox comes of it at. if its catching on the spring, looking from the back of the car u need to twist the centre section more clockwise, which will move the back end of the box away from the spring, if its hitting the spare wheel well u need to move the opposite way!!

Dicko
11-07-02, 12:13 AM
if youv had it off or fitted it urself u will find the centre section of ur exhaust has twisted slightley, which changes the angle that the backbox comes of it at. if its catching on the spring, looking from the back of the car u need to twist the centre section more clockwise, which will move the back end of the box away from the spring, if its hitting the spare wheel well u need to move the opposite way!!