PDA

View Full Version : 1.3 fuel filter

mike1300sr
29-12-07, 07:51 PM
Eyup,
Does anyone know if a nova 1.3 sr has a fuel filter and if it does where it is? As there is a flat spot upto 3.5k.So i'm goin to try changing the filter to see if it gets rid of it.I've tryed using the forum search but nothing came up about it so if anyone can help it would be great :thumb:

cheers

Mike
29-12-07, 07:56 PM
To my knowledge they dont have one out the factory, although at some point in its life time, some one may have added one inline.

Dexter
29-12-07, 09:55 PM
On my 1985 1300 SR there is a small filter actually inside the mechanical fuel pump. To my knowledge it does sweet FA but its worth checking. Take off the casing using the small screw and have a quick look its a 30 sec job.
And have a couple of rags placed below to soak up any petrol leaked.

Could be worth checking the ignition side of it.

Is it in all gears that the flat spot occurs?

mike1300sr
29-12-07, 10:15 PM
is the pump under the rear seat on these? It's noticable through all the gears until it gets to like 3.5k rpm then you can feel it pick up.I've changed the dizzycap,rotor,plugs and leads.Could it be the coil?

Novasport
29-12-07, 10:19 PM
Pump is to the left rear of the cylinder head cover, its a mechanical pump that rund off the camshaft. Is there not a filter near the carb, trying to remember as its been that long since I've seen a Pierburg.

Steve
30-12-07, 12:13 AM
If its had one fitted there normally in the bay somewhere althought could be worth checking the fuel lines all the way to the tank.

Filters are only a couple of quid so if it hasnt got one you might as well fit one to see if that helps.

mowgli
30-12-07, 08:47 AM
sounds like your advance retard mechanism in the dizzy, or the vacuum pipe from the carb. the test is easy, pull the nylon pipe off at the carb end & whilst the engine is running, you suck it. if the engine note changes, then it is ok. if it doesn't, then the diaphragm is leaking. I don't know if gm still do them though. you might need a new dizzy, if it rattles a lot then it is close to being knackered anyway.

mike1300sr
30-12-07, 01:23 PM
cheers guys i've sorted it.the wires that go to the coil were all corroded so i've cleaned them all up and the bit where the ht lead goes had gone green too.plenty of wd40 jobs a gud'un lol

Steve
30-12-07, 01:36 PM
Ahh a simple fix lol saves all the hassle of troubleshooting then!