PDA

View Full Version : polishing

FUSION X16XE
29-12-07, 05:48 PM
right i went out and bought my self a polisher today (RAC 10" twin handle thingy) and i gave it ago but im not happy with the out come basically im in need of some tips? how much polish to put on how to apply/buff off? any think would be cool?? :thumb:

let_nova
29-12-07, 07:39 PM
i bought a halfrauds one and i wasnt happy either.

Stanley
29-12-07, 07:40 PM
You really need an industrial use one.

Basically these Hellfrauds/Argos etc ones are utter ****.

let_nova
29-12-07, 07:42 PM
thot that. it doesnt seem to spin all the time more kinda vibrate . . . .

Mike
29-12-07, 07:49 PM
^ I dont ever use an electric polisher on a car! It can seriously fcuk up the paint work & scratch it like a @unt!!

Nick
29-12-07, 08:16 PM
Just use your hands !

A friend of mine works in a bodyshop, and i can get a better finish on mine by hand, compared to using their 1000000000w rediculous thing !

Jack
29-12-07, 08:58 PM
Yep, use your hands - literally. Decent cloths and pads are a must too.

Finish with dodo juice for an uber-reflective shine. Which you apply with your hands... as in the palm of your hand, not even a cloth lol

FUSION X16XE
01-01-08, 04:34 PM
right cool i go get some dodo juice tomorow lol cheers

DW-Nova
01-01-08, 04:56 PM
those cheap halfords and RAC polishers arent really that clever, theyre ok to remove the polish from big areas like the roof and bonnet etc.. but theyre no use in little areas or for putting the polish on, i wouldnt agree that they damage the paint tho. the industrial polishers are good for what theyre used for but not for regulaly polishing your car with cause it's all too easy to burn through the paint, especially on corners and swage lines etc.

Lee-170
01-01-08, 06:14 PM
i have the rac 10" one and don't think its very good either

NovaLad
01-01-08, 06:16 PM
Finish with dodo juice for an uber-reflective shine.
Sounds kinky ... where can i aquire this Dodo Juice ;)

SpellBot
01-01-08, 06:23 PM
aquire
ac?quire [uh-kwahyuhr]
?verb (used with object), -quired, -quir?ing.

1. to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
2. to gain for oneself through one's actions or efforts: to acquire learning.
3. Linguistics. to achieve native or nativelike command of (a language or a linguistic rule or element).
4. Military. to locate and track (a moving target) with a detector, as radar.

twistysnovagte
01-01-08, 06:39 PM
ac?quire [uh-kwahyuhr]
?verb (used with object), -quired, -quir?ing.

1. to come into possession or ownership of; get as one's own: to acquire property.
2. to gain for oneself through one's actions or efforts: to acquire learning.
3. Linguistics. to achieve native or nativelike command of (a language or a linguistic rule or element).
4. Military. to locate and track (a moving target) with a detector, as radar.

you some kinda fcukin joke that has nothing better to than sit there with a fcukin dictionary spell checkin every ones posts you:tard: hahaha

Stuart
01-01-08, 07:08 PM
calm down.

The site would be a lot less of the stereotype if people bothered to spell a little better ;)

Jack
01-01-08, 07:43 PM
you some kinda fcukin joke that has nothing better to than sit there with a fcukin dictionary spell checkin every ones posts you:tard: hahaha
With spelling like yours, is it any wonder there's a spellbot...

twistysnovagte
01-01-08, 08:15 PM
With spelling like yours, is it any wonder there's a spellbot...

i realy dont see a spelling mistake even though i got a U in english thats ungraded lol i thought fcukin was a designer namelol

twistysnovagte
01-01-08, 08:48 PM
i do apologise for the harsh post i made in this thread and therefore hold my hands up sorry lads

let_nova
02-01-08, 03:41 PM
where do you get dodo juice?

novaprogress
02-01-08, 04:43 PM
i work in a paint and body shop and i use the mahoosive powered polishers and i can come out like just before crimbo i did a full polish on a scooby rally car and it was emense i even took a picture with my fone and you can see the fone and my hands in the reflection, no scratches there and if anybody wants the pic pm me ur number. ive also baught the rac polisher and ive obviously got a nova which is red. u can only imagine what it looked like before i polished it and now its back to how it looked day 1. 2 more polishes and it will be show car shine. the people who say they dont work or they arent as good arent doing it properly. you aint polishing the paint your just removing the scrathes which makes the paint flat therefore giving the light more flat surface to reflect off. your either using it too close and not giving the hea space to turn or ur not using enough stuff and if your looking for shine, use faracla gold top at the end and as for peple who say they cant get into the small bits if you can find a part on a nova that i cant get to then your driving a ford! just use the edge of the polisher. anybody wanna ask me more then just message me directly

let_nova
02-01-08, 04:47 PM
and dodo juice?

Jack
02-01-08, 08:13 PM
:google:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dodo+juice&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Nick
02-01-08, 08:49 PM
Kids today pah !

I polish my car with my face !

Jack
02-01-08, 08:51 PM
I'd have thought you'd use Cuprinol lol

Nick
02-01-08, 08:53 PM
Duh ! I apply the cuprinol with my face... also acts as a winter tanning solution

FUSION X16XE
03-01-08, 12:25 AM
lol and spell bot stop spamming my thread

Stuart
04-01-08, 09:20 AM
http://www.detailedobsession.com/catalog/index.php

dodo juice products. And the guy running the shop is a top notch chap.

DW-Nova
04-01-08, 09:51 PM
I dont no how you say that you managed to get s show shine with one of those RAC polishers, theyre a waste of time, they dont spin anywhere near fast enough to be any use, your best off using your hands, you will obviously do a better job because you are looking at the surface for a long time and can see where it needs more etc, you'll obviously be able to get into much tighter spaces with a cloth aswell.