PDA

View Full Version : Lsd

Rexy
28-12-07, 08:21 PM
I know i have a french car but i need to know from experienced members the difference in quality between the many different brands of Diff

I've decided on either a Trans X Diff plate or a KAAZ Diff plate.

I was tempted with the quaife ATB but i've heard very good things about the diff plates

Ash
28-12-07, 09:28 PM
I think for a track only car people tend to sway toward a plate diff. From what I heard it's down to driving style as well, im sure Dar and others who are in the know and have seen you drive can help more.

Note that plate diff's do need servicing now and then. Also I've never heard of KAAZ which means there either really really good or sh!t lol

Stuart
28-12-07, 10:42 PM
any diff will see you better round track...

its very very much personal preference as to which flavour you choose..... not much help but hey. Try and drive both (errrrrr nick Dars car and Lees car to compare lol)

coombsey
28-12-07, 10:48 PM
no good for road use?

Stuart
28-12-07, 10:52 PM
I'd use a plate on road day in day out...... If my driving style suited an ATB then I'd have one of those day in day out too.....

the Servicing of a plate diff isnt such a big deal imho. its in the region of ?50 every couple of years (assuming you dont do big milage)

coombsey
28-12-07, 11:01 PM
which would you recommened for road use arent they about 600 quid

Stuart
28-12-07, 11:10 PM
totally depends on your driving style.

ATB's and plates are generally about the same cash.

Rexy
28-12-07, 11:22 PM
Right, plans are then to drive both types... Ive been in dans that was a long while ago tho. Now that clunked like a bugger when going slowly lol :) The atb is suppose to be very refined and apparenlty you wouldnt know it was there until you actually need it which is a plus point.

The atb Is fit and forget and costs around ?600

The kazz is ?450

the Trans x is ?550

Quaife is easier as its fit and forget and i use the car day in day out on average 20 - 40 miles a day.

I want to try a quaife ATB as if they are simular in the way they act etc i would much prefer the fit and forget. The kaaz is cheaper hence i was tempted by this but rebuilds put me off Not because im a girl but because its french lol and its a ****er

Mike
28-12-07, 11:37 PM
KAAZ diff's are more known in rally circles, ive had many a dealing with them via X-Treme (>Ralliart showrooms) but ive only ever used them on Pug gearbox, very good at what they do and more then adeqaute for some rally abuse IMHO, have no experience on road use though :(

EDIT - BTW Rexton, KAAZ's are noisey feckers... On another note, DO read THIS (http://www.kaazuk.com/faq.php) in its entirity. You aswell as knowlagble others may just learn a thing or two that you prolly didnt know before :thumb:

Rexy
28-12-07, 11:48 PM
:) One step ahead on that one matey. Already read it lol.

I'm just wondering about rebuild times tbh for well normal road use and some track days.