PDA

View Full Version : Central Locking

Steve.sri
09-07-02, 11:14 PM
i got remote central locking on my nova and when i go over large bumps in the road the doors locks... any one know what could be causing this
cheers in advance
Steve

ade
09-07-02, 11:54 PM
Which door locks or do they all lock? did u fit it yerself? Possibly a lose connection shorting out the switch that operates the locks. Could be a faulty solenoid. Take yer door cards off and wiggle/tap the switch/solenoids to see if anything happens.

dErZ1
10-07-02, 01:48 PM
When I try and open the doors, both open but the passenger side vibrates as if theres a cog missing or something. How do I sort said vibrating or unplug central locking :?: :?: :idea: :?: :?:

Thanx :D

novatec
10-07-02, 03:47 PM
Make sure your solenoids aren't loose, tighten up the brackets.

Alex
11-07-02, 08:38 PM
Some old solenoids make nasty noises anyway. I had an old volvo one that sounded like that, worked fine though

carltoncrazy
11-07-02, 11:25 PM
ok just after reading this an taken note of the bt about fitting it ya self.
how hard is this to do to a 13SR?
jus outa intrest?

ade
11-07-02, 11:43 PM
its easy. I have a 1.2 mk2 and fitted GM central locking from a GSi - went in no bother. The holes are already there in the doors. If u want it remote u will need another solenoid for the drivers door and an alarm with remote arm/disarm keyfob.

Ade

Doc
12-07-02, 08:46 AM
The holes are not already there! I had to drill two holes, one in the car door and another in the actual shell to allow the wires to pass though into the car to be connected up to the live, and also to connect the two solenoid wires together. Fitting it is a piece of piss, the only "hard" bit is drilling four big holes in your car (2 per side). :wink:

Ste_Nova
12-07-02, 09:06 AM
the holes are there

my brown y reg 1.2 had them (including the boot one!!)

ade
12-07-02, 01:04 PM
have to admit the holes were there behind the door card to support the solenoid but there were no holes for the wires - so I had to drill through door skin and through body skin of car.

Ste_Nova
12-07-02, 02:12 PM
the holes in the door and pillar are marked with a pressed dot