PDA

View Full Version : Catchment tank/box modification?

Dexter
28-12-07, 02:50 PM
I've finished fitting the twin carbs to my 1300 SR and im left with the oil breather pipe that comes out from the crankcase. I know i need to feed it into a tank of sorts. Just wondering how other people have done it thats all.

Im currently using a coke can.

Many thanks Dex!

Dexter
28-12-07, 11:59 PM
Been out in the car tonight and given it some stick in all gears to test the carb setup.

Oil has been forced up the breather pipe and its more or less all over the engine bay.

Car is running relatively lumpy unless the throttle is opened possibly because the air filters are caped in oil i guess.

Please can someone tell me what i need to do as ive not done anything with the pipe! Thanks
Dex

Mike
29-12-07, 12:59 AM
Get yourself a polished alloy catch tank from eBay. This one cost me 20 odd quid. Then all you do is plumb it in :thumb:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/mikenova/TWOC%20Rebuild/106.jpg

Mike.

Dexter
29-12-07, 10:40 AM
Ok will do on payday seen a few to go for.

How does it plum in? - Obviously the feed is from the crankcase but is the other the return? and if so where/how does it connect back up to the engine?

Finally is there anything i can use temporary that would be a good subsitute for one?

Many thanks
Dex

benny f gsi,n it
29-12-07, 10:47 AM
yer for a temporary i have seen people use old small oil bottles or any small drinks bottle just somthing to catch the oil

Mike
29-12-07, 11:08 AM
Ive found that Fanta bottles work mint as a temp soluotion, as the neck on them decreases in diameter, which is a bonus when you come to mount it

Dexter
29-12-07, 11:18 AM
Ok well i currently had a coke can on the end of it that didnt seem to be upto its job description.

Can someone explain to me why its happend?

My understanding is that because i was using it at high revs the oil pressure was enough to be forced up the breather pipe?

What could the reason be for the lumpy running?

Thanks again chaps.

Dex