PDA

View Full Version : Newbie....

Thundersmurf
28-12-07, 02:21 AM
I'm new to the forums and thought I should say HI *waves*
I'm Smurf, aged 34, female and I live near Manchester.
I've recently become the proud owner of a 1989 1.2 merit. It's white and unfortunately it's a 5 door (got offered a 3 door just after I bought it too, Bah!!)
It's got a bit of a rust problem but nowhere serious, the battery tray, sills and suspension mounts are all fine, main problem area is behind the rear bumper.
I'm doing a night school course on classic car restoration so I should be able to do most of it there - I also own a 1979 Vanden Plas 1500 - it's a posh Austin Allegro really - and I ride a 1984 Suzuki GSXR750.
Please don't lynch me but I like pink, so my nova is probably gonna end up with a lot of pink stuff on it.....

NovaLad
28-12-07, 02:31 AM
Ooo Ashton-u-lyne, not very far from oldham at all 20 mins down ashton rd lol.

Welcome the site make ya self at home enjoy ya stay.

EDIT- Looking through ya profile and job: bowling alley Technician, is that at hollywood bowl by any chance?

Thundersmurf
28-12-07, 02:55 AM
yeah I'm afraid it is??? you been??

NovaLad
28-12-07, 02:56 AM
Aye, being in oldham and only 17 i have been down that way quite alot in the past.

Will have to pop down 1 day and look out for ya nova on the carpark if that's where it will be?

Thundersmurf
28-12-07, 03:13 AM
usually somewhere near the front doors... if I can get near them. Nice to find someone local with a bit opfknowledge about Nova's :)

NovaLad
28-12-07, 03:16 AM
Cool will it be their next week sometime?
Aye their is quite a few people on here with novas around the manchester area (midd,oldham,lees,bolton) etc...

Sure 1 of us can help ya if ya need it.

What's ya aim for the car? got any mods planned?

Thundersmurf
28-12-07, 03:54 AM
well it's pretty standard at the mo - I just bought it as a runaround really but I've just bought some second-hand alloys for it - 15 inch. Gonna get them sprayed up in pink before i fit them though. After that i don't know....yet.
I'm at work on sunday - start at 4 and end when it closes, usually around midnight...Other than that I'm on days from 2nd jan to about the 6th of jan - so that is 7am till 4pm.....
If you come down and the car is outside, go to reception and ask them to contact the tech - or ask for Smurf - If I'm not stupidy busy I'll come out and see ya

NovaLad
28-12-07, 04:07 AM
Don't get insured till 1st of jan so will be sometime after then.
Is ya real name smurf.

Welsh Dan
28-12-07, 08:59 AM
He's a freak don't arrange to meet him, if you do then make sure its a public place ;).

peester
28-12-07, 09:07 AM
Hey matey welcome..

Please don't lynch me but I like pink, so my nova is probably gonna end up with a lot of pink stuff on it.....

:wtf: umm.. im sure ull eventually see that that just doesn't/wont work..
At the moment the older shades of brown/blues and greens -even beiges are doing this rounds... giving the nova back its lost cool retroness..

Enjoy ur time.

mowgli
28-12-07, 11:42 AM
welcome to the forum.

watch out for Novalad, his babysitter just quit & he's looking for a new one.....

Pink isn't that bad. my 1989 red one has faded to a lovely pinkish sort of hue, but please don't do the barbie/playboy pink type thing, that is soooo corsa.

Matt2107
28-12-07, 11:57 AM
I guess end of page 3.

Welcome to the site.
There's a lot of clever people on here so just ask away... you'll normally get fairly decent reply within a few hours.

Thundersmurf
28-12-07, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys :)

I'll post some pics of my car when I get some time... don't expect too much though, she's a bit of a mess.....

Nova_Legend
28-12-07, 02:10 PM
Welcome :) enjoy your stay.

Andy

BIGS
28-12-07, 02:36 PM
Welcome to the mad house. Your enjoy your time here and watch out for the pervs on the site lol. ( YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE ) haha

Saloony
28-12-07, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the site love.

Just like to point out, 5door isnt a bad thing. Any nova is worthy of some TLC, no matter whether its a boggy 1.0l 5door or saloon. Its the un-loved novas that 9/10 either turn out looking better than there 3 dr rival just because the owner has gone that extra inch.

And as long as you dont go putting a square steering wheel on the nova you'll be cush't.