PDA

View Full Version : Hi, New Member !

Archie
26-12-07, 09:51 PM
Hi everyone, just thought i'd say hello.
I'm Archie, I'm from Ayr.
Just registered today, hopefully picking up my 2nd Nova at the weekend.
Always been a fan of Novas since i was young, my brother had a Mk1 SR about 10-11 years ago.

I Had one briefly last year but had my license revoked a few days after i got it so i sold it on.

I would post pictures of my old one but it seems i cant post pics until i've made 15 posts.

vaughanmc
26-12-07, 09:56 PM
Welcome to PNG mate, I'm from Cumnock so not that far away

Enjoy your stay :)

gunny
26-12-07, 10:09 PM
welcome mate! pm me some pics pal and i'll post them!

Archie
26-12-07, 10:28 PM
Cheers for the welcomes.

Have PM'd you pictures Gunny, thanks :)

gunny
26-12-07, 10:37 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/General/DSC03441.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/General/Nova.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/Dirtworld/General/Image013.jpg

errm, ouch?:eek:
so err, whats the story pal? lol. injuries? (glad your still with us btw)

Lynsey
26-12-07, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the site mr :) More kilt clad men always mekes me merry!
Oooh what happened?

Archie
26-12-07, 10:42 PM
It wasnt me who crashed it.

The boy who sold me it had advertised it as "The cleanest Nova in Ayrshire"
And i was really disappointed when i started to have a proper look around it.

I sold it on to a mate, who then sold it on to a mate of his who rallied the tits off it then wrote it off !!!

Lynsey
26-12-07, 10:45 PM
Is he ok? It had an eventful life then lol
What are you getting on the weekend?

Archie
26-12-07, 10:49 PM
Yeah he walked out !!

All going well i'm making a trip to Manchester for a black 1.2 8v.
Genuine low mileage, with history to back it up.

Only modifications are a 60mm drop on shocks & springs.
Also the guy has an ashley system he's gonna throw in for me as well.
Just planning to put speedlines/cesaro's on it and see how i get on with it.

Always keep going back to EG Civics though so i'll see how long i can fight the urge this time !!!

gunny
26-12-07, 10:53 PM
i was very tempted towards an EF vti civic, admitedly honda is and has always been the way forward but im a dedicated nova fan lol, how sad does that sound to the real world lol, glad to hear the driver was ok, amazing to have walked away!

Lynsey
26-12-07, 10:55 PM
Haha I have that problem with Novas...

Glad he got out ok too, looks nasty!

Nova sound great, get some pics up when you get it (and of course- an obligatory kilt pic) hehe lol

vaughanmc
26-12-07, 10:56 PM
If you need any parts mate just PM me - I have loads of things out in the garage :)

Just up the road as well

draper
26-12-07, 10:56 PM
jesus thats a big off, glad the youths ok tho

and dont buy a civic just buy a bigger engine for the nova lol

Archie
26-12-07, 10:57 PM
I dont actually own a kilt :P

Yeah i'd love an EF myself Gunny but there silly money for a good iVT or an SIR.

I turn 20 in June and my insurance is due so if i have a years no claims i could be tempted to go for an EG VTi, i think i owe it to myself, i've owned almost every other model of EG except an SIR !!

Archie
26-12-07, 10:58 PM
If you need any parts mate just PM me - I have loads of things out in the garage :)

Just up the road as well

What you got like ???

vaughanmc
26-12-07, 10:59 PM
What do u need, there is original suspension out there, mirrors, lights, headrests, fuel senders...etc

gunny
26-12-07, 10:59 PM
lol OOoooOoO SIR!!!! very nice fast import, silly on insurance though, play with the nova first, put an xe in and see how you get on, i love mine

Archie
26-12-07, 11:03 PM
A guy i work with is a right Vauxhall nutter, he had a rake of Novas a good few years ago, he'll be able to help me with anything if i'm stuck.

Dont fancy tryin to insure a 2litre tbh....

What i do miss about my Civics is the noise/rip, might put a jap can on the nova to make me feel at home !!! (That was a joke just before anyone comments)

gunny
26-12-07, 11:04 PM
lol the v-tec system does sound amazing

vaughanmc
26-12-07, 11:05 PM
Aye they used to be right popular round the Ayrshire way but you don't see any or many out and about now :(

Archie
26-12-07, 11:07 PM
Yeah it does that, only ever owned a SOHC VTEC, but i never got to use it, my mate drive it up from england, and we stripped it for spares lol, i took the carbon bonnet and goodies for the one i had at the time, it was riddled with rust and the valve stem seals were away.

I will hit VTEC one day.

Archie
26-12-07, 11:08 PM
Aye they used to be right popular round the Ayrshire way but you don't see any or many out and about now :(

I think i'm the only one/one of few in Ayr that have modded EGs, you might have seen me or my old ones around.

gunny
26-12-07, 11:12 PM
one of the lads in leics (as far as i know) has the fastest b-series powered civic (eg) in europe, they're getting more popular by the day here lol

Archie
26-12-07, 11:19 PM
i'll post up some pics of mine tomorrow or something.
Also had a CRX Delsol

Lynsey
26-12-07, 11:35 PM
Del Sols are for girls... I hope it was a mean, manly one. lol

Archie
26-12-07, 11:46 PM
It was blue :)

tom reid
27-12-07, 12:20 AM
Hello Archie and welcome.
Have you an older brother, John, maybe, I was brought up in Ayr and went to school with him.

Jack
27-12-07, 01:03 AM
Welcome to PNG.

Yawn, civics are for chavs lol Get a proper jap car :D

M17BLH
27-12-07, 05:08 PM
Dont know anything about Honda's, had a couple of Subaru's and thats as far jap as Im gonna go after the amount of money they burn! Welcome fella

Archie
27-12-07, 05:49 PM
Hello Archie and welcome.
Have you an older brother, John, maybe, I was brought up in Ayr and went to school with him.

No i cant say i do lol.
What age are you mate ? ?

tom reid
28-12-07, 11:44 AM
No i cant say i do lol.
What age are you mate ? ?

I'm 42, could be your dad I supposelol

g111mds
28-12-07, 03:06 PM
welcome! Another member from Ayrshire! what was your brothers SR like? any pictures? Chances are i'll recognise it as it was around that time i got my first nova (the one in my avatar). Had few since then all of which have kicked around the Ayr area including a red L reg GSi. enjoy the site, Jamie