PDA

View Full Version : Just Vaux Trev

Mint FRST
24-12-07, 01:56 AM
Nice guy, easy to deal with & would do again.

just vaux trev
24-12-07, 02:02 AM
:thumb: cheers bud:thumb:

Matt2107
24-12-07, 11:36 AM
I'll second that.

John
20-02-08, 10:36 PM
collected goods as arranged. Top Chap.:thumb:

paulnova
26-04-08, 06:43 PM
Top seller, arrived in mint condition, well packaged, i even bought them about 1am lol!! would definatley recomend :thumb:

tony k
18-02-10, 10:10 PM
bought a dash off him,really nice bloke to deal with,super quick delivery will deffo deal with again

cheers

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 04:33 PM
i bought a mk2 gsi dash off just vaux trev and an electric window set up. the dash yo told me was complete and in good condition, and the elc window set up was good working order.

the dash is not complete there was no under trays included, 3 of the vents do not stay in place and all the fins inside are not there. the fusebox cover is a different colour and the ashtray was full of fag ends and the hazard switch is ****ed!

the electric window set up does not work, the motors work ok but the wiring does not. i have had an auto elec trying to get it working and hes told me iv been ripped off. he tried for 3 hours to get it working and the wiring is faulty.

i feel like iv been robbed i did a 240 mile round trip to collect this stuff and none off it works

Cle
28-02-10, 04:37 PM
? you collected but didnt check to see if all the parts for the dash where there ?

Edd
28-02-10, 04:37 PM
not being harsh but, did you not check that everything was there when you picked it up ?

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 05:14 PM
he told me everything was complete he didnt have it ready when i got there, also it was dark. yes i should of thoroughly checked it but why cant people just be honest

John
28-02-10, 05:17 PM
Being dark is hardly his fault is it! Why did you buy it if it was faulty/parts missing?

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 05:19 PM
if i knew it was fualty i wouldnt of bought it, its only after getting it home and inspecting the stuff i realised it was incomplete and faulty.

John
28-02-10, 05:20 PM
if it was fualty i wouldnt of bought it, its only after getting it home and inspecting the stuff i realised it was incomplete and faulty.

Dash undershelves aren't exactly hard to spot!

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 05:25 PM
just because ur his mate dosnt mean you have to stick up for him. he told me the dash was complete and it isnt, theres bits missing and bits that are faulty. the only extra i got of him was an ashtray full of fag ends. iv spent money getting an auto elec to try sort the windows and the looms knackered. i also did 240 miles to get this stuff and i think its a joke!

Cle
28-02-10, 05:28 PM
just because ur his mate dosnt mean you have to stick up for him. he told me the dash was complete and it isnt, theres bits missing and bits that are faulty. the only extra i got of him was an ashtray full of fag ends. iv spent money getting an auto elec to try sort the windows and the looms knackered. i also did 240 miles to get this stuff and i think its a joke!

I do agree its hellish but you should have had a look to make sure it was complete mate.

John
28-02-10, 05:32 PM

Who told you i was his "mate"? Jumping to conclusions i'd say, because i live near to him. :roll: I'm not sticking up for him, but come on, why did you buy it if there was clearly pieces missing??

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 05:34 PM
fair enough but just beware if you do buy anything off this seller double check everythings there and working dont make the same mistake as me :(

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 05:38 PM
Who told you i was his "mate"? Jumping to conclusions i'd say, because i live near to him. :roll: I'm not sticking up for him, but come on, why did you buy it if there was clearly pieces missing??

he told me u was his mate actually, also as i stated a few posts ago i didnt know it was faulty until i got it home. obviously i didnt buy it knowing it was fualty

AlexW
28-02-10, 06:15 PM
i bought a mk2 gsi dash off just vaux trev and an electric window set up. the dash yo told me was complete and in good condition, and the elc window set up was good working order.

the dash is not complete there was no under trays included, 3 of the vents do not stay in place and all the fins inside are not there. the fusebox cover is a different colour and the ashtray was full of fag ends and the hazard switch is ****ed!

the electric window set up does not work, the motors work ok but the wiring does not. i have had an auto elec trying to get it working and hes told me iv been ripped off. he tried for 3 hours to get it working and the wiring is faulty.

i feel like iv been robbed i did a 240 mile round trip to collect this stuff and none off it works

/me jumps on bandwagon.

Dash being complete, the vents break, can be fixed or just live with them like a lot of people do. Undertrays, easy to forget, and sometimes (Infact mostly) not included with dash. Fusebox cover, your own fault for not looking, its grey against black, are you blind? Spray it black. Fag ends, well some people need to smoke. Hazzard switch, there all broke, stop complaining.
Oh and good cond dash to me would mean there is no rips/bits missing out of the vynal, the plastic **** is just the same as a standard nova!

Electric windows, i dont get how the loom can be buggerd, as its just 2 wires to each motor and the switchs, i think you have rubbish switchs or a dodgy auto sparky.

*awaits neg rep*

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 06:24 PM
theres plus missing everywhere off the loom all bodged together with tape. im not bothered about the undertrays but when told its complete i expect them to be there, all the plastic bits for the dash were together why am i going to do a check on every1 of them to make sure there all the same colour. all hazard switches arnt broken at all as my last 1 worked and so do all of my mates. why should i have to live with broken vents very good condition means very good condition it dosnt mean you should have to hunt around for new bits to replace the broken 1s.

look at the end of the day i was told something is very good condition

broken vents, different colour fusebox cover, a bodged together wiring loom that dosnt work and bits missing to me isnt very good condition.

if thats what you class as very good condition then iv got loads of broken junk you can buy

AlexW
28-02-10, 07:01 PM
You have a **** auto electrician then, i could make up one of those looms in a couple of hours given the right lenghs and plugs!

The dash carcass itself is in good cond i guess as you haven't said nothing about it. The plastic bits (apart from the black centre console, undertrays and fuse box cover) are all the same as 1.2 items so not exactly hard to find!
All the plastic bits arnt the end of the world anyway, most of mine were sprayed until i found GSi items.

This is all your own fault, you have a interior light in your car to see? and should have used a torch.

From what i get you dont understand much anyway as you keept asking me to sell my GSi dash etc when i said i wouldnt unless i got interest in the shell and engine first!

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 07:22 PM
like iv said above i know its my own fault for not checking. you clearly dont read the above posts. my auto elec could make me a loom up but why should i have to get him to do that when i was told it was all good working order. i shouldnt have to check all the parts are fully working order i should be able to trust paid members on this site.

how can u say i dont understand much, get a grip this has nothing to do with you anyway

dave watson
28-02-10, 07:26 PM
what vents are broken i have loads od the vents what cover the speakers uf u wanna pay the postage you can have them and i thought you were breaking youre nova anyway

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 07:31 PM
its the heater vents that are broke, i bought these before i was thinking of re shelling my car but the 1 i was going to buiild my engine into turned out to be rotten so i didnt get it. so thought id stick my gsi dash in mine for now

Mike
28-02-10, 07:47 PM
Your auto electrician must be royally shÃ*t!

My moneys on the soloniod servo thingy that bolts to the back of the pass side lower shelf being faulty :thumb:

brainsnova
28-02-10, 07:51 PM
3 hours to work out the fault on the electric windows lol all he need to do was a continuity test 5 mins max. but testing things before you leave makes you feel a bit of a nob and yes he should of been sure it all worked before the sale.

squirrel-designs
28-02-10, 07:56 PM
its not the solanoid that goes near the lowershelf, i swapped it over with my mates and it still didnt work. yes above i would of felt abit of a knob checking every little thing worked. if he was genuine he wouldnt of sold it as it is, or at least listed it as it was.

im sure if i put it up for sale as very good condition the buyer would do the same thing as im doing.

Riggy
28-02-10, 09:18 PM
the "solanoid" is the central locking ecu and has no relation to the electric windows ,

as for the vents , they should be fine if he said they were but they aint hard to replace ,

undershelves should be there though, but again you should have looked lol , but fair point on making people aware if he isnt selling items as described

John
28-02-10, 09:20 PM
he told me u was his mate actually, also as i stated a few posts ago i didnt know it was faulty until i got it home. obviously i didnt buy it knowing it was fualty

Why was my name mentioned? We swapped cars approx 18months ago, thats the last time i spoke to him. Yeah he was friendly. Wouldn't call him a "mate" though!
My problem with this is you say stuff is missing, (vents trays etc) And now you're moaning AFTER you've bought it? :confused:

Graeme
28-02-10, 09:24 PM
How the funk is Blackpool to Stoke and back a 240 mile round trip and its your own fault for not checking the goods, just like it was his responsibility to check the cash you gave him

let_nova
28-02-10, 09:29 PM
bloody hell everyones on the bandwagon. fair enough dash your own fault, however it is a bit hard to check wiring etc when collecting.

General Baxter
28-02-10, 09:29 PM
lol its a 250 mile round trip for me, and im the other side of brum lol

Graeme
28-02-10, 09:30 PM
Exactly and the loom should be an easy fix as they are basic as funk

nova_saloon
28-02-10, 09:32 PM
least you got some fag ends! shame it was dark. but it does happen. im afraid you can only get in contact with him and try to come to an arrangement. doesnt happen often though

John
28-02-10, 09:35 PM
According to google maps it's just shy of 160 miles.

General Baxter
28-02-10, 09:36 PM
biggest question, have you even tried to contact him on the problems or are you just having your period at us ?

brainsnova
28-02-10, 09:38 PM
where does the bandwagon usaully stop and how much is the trip on it.

John
28-02-10, 09:39 PM
Blackpool, £20. lol

dave watson
28-02-10, 10:54 PM
where does the bandwagon usaully stop and how much is the trip on it. haha i think i will join you :thumb:

dave watson
28-02-10, 10:55 PM
+ rep brians nova and john h

Nobby
28-02-10, 11:41 PM
As said you shoud of really checked pal especially as the dash comes apart in pieces but aslong as the carcass is ok then id be happy!

squirrel-designs
01-03-10, 01:07 AM
tbh i thought it was 140 miles but my mate told me its over 100 miles from my end of blackpool to stoke. i may be out a few miles but its still not the point. well il stick it up for sale on here when im done with it and fill it with some dockers i find outside. lets see if i get any complaints for it not being very good condition

General Baxter
01-03-10, 09:04 AM
biggest question, have you even tried to contact him on the problems or are you just having your period at us ?

oi cockend, answer my question,

if its a yes put his side of the story up,
if no, why dont you, i dont want to know about your problems over 50p worth of plastic and wires,

3 pages ****ing long, terd thread of the year

Hobbit
01-03-10, 04:57 PM
Baxter, this is the feedback forum, I dont think there is any need to give the guy abuse for giving feedback. Unless anyone has something to say about Just vaux trevs service please dont reply.

squirrel-designs
01-03-10, 07:09 PM
'' oi cockend '' who u calling names and what has this got to do with you. yes i did try and contact him and his inbox was full

if u dont want to know about my problems stop reading this thread and putting ur nose in u cock end

Rob
01-03-10, 10:23 PM
this thread has made me lol

just vaux trev
03-12-10, 03:24 PM
i know this is an old thread bumping but DAMN, i sold you a gsi DASH not not dash items the dash was in good cond and i took the leccy window kit out of my car i know it all worked fine, if you had an auto elec out maybe you should have checked if he had just came from the local asylum, an auto elec that can make a loom for leccy windows in 20 mins should be fired....3 hours lol